August 2012 Weddings
Options

What is the best

BM gift you have ever received? I am on a budget but want to get them something they will actually use! 

Re: What is the best

• Options
    them paying for the makeup
  • Options
    I am already paying for make up, hair and nails. 
  • Options
    I'm getting my BMs local and practical stuff: maple syrup, jam, and bees wax soap and chapstick all made in the town I live.
  • Options
    I got a Coach wristlet for the last wedding I was in, which I love.  I'm sure it wasn't very budget friendly, though.  I am getting my girls totes, but filling each with inexpensive things personal to that girl.  I'll be including a handwritten note to each one as well - I think writing a hearfelt note or short letter is a way to make it meaningful without breaking the bank.
  • Options
    LibbyC730LibbyC730 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Some luxe beauty item might be practical.  A splurge on lip gloss, travel fragrance, *waterproof mascara, etc. will still be budget friendly, but also something that they can use on and after your wedding.  I did wallets for my BMs to suit their style/current favorite handbags and some hit different price points so I threw in some of these items for a couple of my girls!
    I have to be honest, buying BM and mother's gifts has been one of my favorite parts of wedding planning...I hope they love their gifts as much as I do!
  • Options
    I've only been in two wedding - one girl didn't get us anything and the other girl got us a purse off Etsy. She ordered every girls a different purse to match our personalities, which I thought was sweet.

I am not very creative so I just decided to put together personalized stationary, totes and a $50 Visa gift card for each of the girls. The stationary and totes I orders off Vistaprint so they were really inexpensive to do.
    image 223 Invited
    image 127 Wouldn't miss it
    image 64 Passed on the fun
    image 32 Still undecided
    RSVP Date: August 1, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've only been in three weddings, and I've gotten a necklace in all three.  I liked that though because that's not the type of thing I spend much money on myself or really know how to pick out myself.  I was happy to add to my small jewelry collection.
  • Options

In one wedding we all got coach wristlets (from the outlet) that matched out color scheme of what we wear all the time. (Some girls got gray, I got a brown, another girl got black). In another wedding we got Lia Sophia Jewerly that was personalized to our own everyday style and a DIY personalized flask from the bride (for the Limo so we all had our favorite liquior and they just had the soda).

For my girls I got them beaded wedge flip flops to wear for the reception, a necklace and earring set, a cocktail ring and a jeweled hairpiece/ clip for them to work into whatever style they picked. For my 3 bridesmaids (not my Jrs. I coudln't afford it) I got them all vera Bradley wallets in prints I think they'll like.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm getting them necklaces, but I'm also getting them a little token that represents their personalities.  One BM is forever posting funny quotes/photos on fb, so I've made her a set of coasters with some of those photos. My MOH has lost the insert that actually holds the TP in her downstairs bath - it drives her nuts, but she's never remembered to buy a new one!, so I picked up one. I know it's weird, but she'll love it! She's also getting a set of wine glasses.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards