August 2012 Weddings

Day of TIMELINE - help please!

Does anyone have a wedding day timeline?
I can't figure out what time my hair appt should be?
 what time make up should be?
Which one comes first?
What time we should do pictures before mass?
And anything else I know I'm supposed to do the day of the wedding....

help, please?!
221 Invited image
185 Ready to Rock! image
36 Party Poopers image
0 Can't find the mailbox image

Re: Day of TIMELINE - help please!

• Somebody posted a day of timeline here earlier in the month, I believe (or at least, a thread about the same topic). You could go back and try finding it. 

I have not set up a day of timeline for myself, but when I talked to my hair dresser, she told me that I would need my hair and makeup done about an hour or so before I need to be camera ready (if you do any sort of getting ready pictures before the ceremony). You should consider travel time from hair dresser to ceremony site, etc. Since I'm the bride, my hair dresser is doing me first before my girls, and she thinks I might have to be there early-ish in the morning, like maybe 8. 

You should talk to your hair dresser and see what she suggests. And I think hair goes first? You can ask your hair dresser/makeup artist to be sure. 

That's all I can think of right now. I'm sure I'll come up with more frantic questions too when I get the chance to sit down and think about it, haha!
  • I'm planning on 9 am for hair, but we're going to a local cosmotology school for our updos, so we'll all get done at the same time.  I emailed our photographer to ask her about a photo timeline and that helped give me a good idea of when I should be where.  Our ceremony site wants the pictures done a bit earlier, but we only have the photographer for a limited amount of time, so we're pushing it a bit.  Church wants us done 2 hours before the ceremony and the photographer thinks half an hour before the ceremony will be plenty.
  • Sorry!  cosmetology* 
  • I went of of Ilovemilkdudz day of timeline(you can get it off of her blog), and added and subtracted times, but hers is really good!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Flowers
    image 160 Invited
    image 2 are ready to party with there boots on! image 0 have better things to do image158 are trying to find there boots
    RSVP Date: July 25th
  • My sister, who is doing my hair, helped me with mine.  She alloted 1 hour for hair, 1 hour for makeup (trial only took about 45 min), and then we are doing almost all pictures before hand, which will be about 2 hours.  You need to figure in travel time and time for you to eat. 

Hair: 10-11am
    Makeup: 11:30-12:30pm
    Eat: 12:30-1:00pm
    Get Dressed: 1:00-1:30pm
    Pictures: 1:45-3:35pm
    Ceremony: 4:30pm

• i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    My mua is doing a timeline for me and the girls...i would ask yours to do the same and they will.

Start from the time you need to be ready, and back track
    same goes for photos.

Mine looks something like this:
    Hair and makeup 11 am
    girls get dresses 1 pm
    girls for photos, 1:45 pm
    board transportation 2:30 pm
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • Thanks everyone!!
    221 Invited image
    185 Ready to Rock! image
    36 Party Poopers image
    0 Can't find the mailbox image
  • Whenever you do your hair and make up trial you should see how long it takes and base your appt of of that. Also your hair usually comes first bc if you get your makeup done first and then wash your hair or put hairspray on it might mess up your make up
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards