August 2012 Weddings
Options

Vows- opinions & edits please!!!!!! :)

Well it's almost time for the big day!! & I only have a few days off until it comes! I was hoping y'all could tell me what you think of my vows for my Hubby & give me opinions & any suggestions.

Thanks so much!!!

Vows: Hubby, As we begin this new chapter in our lives, I couldn't imagine doing it with anyone but you. I look forward to the plans God has in store for us & the love we have for one another.
In our lives together, I promise to continue to encourage & inspire you, to laugh with you, and to comfort you in time of sorrow & Struggle. I promise to love you in good times & in bad, when life seems easy and when it seems hard, when our love is simple and when it is an effort.
I promise to cherish you, and to always hold you in the highest regard. Not only as my husband but as my best friend. I promise to continue working hard every day to become the wife you've always wanted to be. Most of all, I promise that in this world, as long as i'm here, you will never be alone.
Today, in front of our friends & family, I am excited to finally become your wife!! :)

Re: Vows- opinions & edits please!!!!!! :)

• Options

Here is my critique:

Some of the sentences run on a bit long, so practice reading it to make sure you have spots that you can take a natural breath. Also I'm not a fan of "I promise to continue working hard every day to become the wife you've always wanted *me* to be." It just sounds a bit demeaning in my opinion. If you like it then keep it the way it is. I'd consider changing it to something like "I promise to continue working hard every day so that we can have a strong marriage." Or something to that effect.

• Options
    You're vows are very nice and personal. I have one thing that I personally don't like, and its the same as prev post:

I promise to continue working hard every day to become the wife you've always wanted to be.

I think that sounds demeaning to you... I would say something like "I promise to continue working hard every day to be the wife you deserve" or "I promise to work hard every day to be the best wife I can be."

Instead of "That you want me to be." I think you did a good job and I admire your courage to write your own vows. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image230 Invited
    image180Accepted
    image50 Declined
    image0 Undecided
    RSVP Date: July 25, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards