• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
August 2012 Weddings

Not loving my Save the Dates

So... I love the design of my Save the Dates. aNd I wanted to print them with a local printer vs. having them done online so I could get a nice thick cardstock.

The printer said they could only do 90# through their digitial machine, otherwise i had to print on a 28" press- which is twice as expensive. The 90# seemed ok when I felt it. (I work in printing so i am pretty paper obsessive)

I went to look at the proof yesterday and I HATE the paper. It seems too lightweight, and I already paid a TON of money to have them done at this printer (which I am now regretting).
They said they can either do them on the press instead of digital or I can back them.
However they are going to charge me $1 a card to be backed. And I think thats a lot of money.

I went on cards and pockets but i can't find the right size backer. I need it to be liek 5 1/4 x 7 1/4...because the card is 5 x 7. I can't have them short trim the cards becuase of the design- the integrity of it would be lost.

Does anyone know where I can find odd sized backers. They said if I bring in the paper they will do it themselves and just charge be $15 to mount them.

I feel like I don't want to spend like $300 to have Save the Dates printed and HATE them.

Am i over reacting? Is a 90# stock fine for the Save the Date and accommodation card? Is there something else I should do to add more "bulk" to the item.
www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards