August 2012 Weddings
Options

REALLY WHAT THE HECK ELSE CAN GO WRONG!!!!

So we are getting married next weekend. I still have TONS of things to do and pay. We have a debit card just for the wedding. AND OUR CC NUMBER WAS STOLEN!!!!  The bank refunded the money ( it was only about $100.00 that was spent.) But they cancelled the card and it has been a week and I am still waiting for the new one. With out this card I have no access to the money for the wedding! We never got checks, because  well I don't know why.  I AM FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW! 

Ok thank you just needed to vent a little :)
83image 6image 0 image

Re: REALLY WHAT THE HECK ELSE CAN GO WRONG!!!!

• Options
    Is it with an actual physical bank or an online bank. If it is a branch I would go in do a withdrawal and put it into another account and pay everything. Or ask them if you can have "starter checks". Or do bank checks.
    85image 71image 14image
  • Options
    It's an online bank the closest bank to us is in CT.
    83image 6image 0 image
  • Options
    Do you have a CC?  You can pay with your CC and then as soon as your debit card arrives pay it off.  Just don't forget to pay it off.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I wish!  My only CC is a bill me later account you can only use online. I have a shopping addiction. I wont allow myself CC so I wont over spend.  I was told the new Debit card should be here today the latest. So I am sitting here mail man stalking :) 

FH wedding band came in UPS today and he was sized at a 14 and it is WAY to big and can't be sized! OMG I can't wait to just be married already and not have to stress about this anymore!
    83image 6image 0 image
  • Options
    Oh no!  We have a wedding account, too, but it's at the same bank as FI's checking.  We ran out of checks two days ago and have a pretty low limit on the card itself so we've been moving money into FI's checking to pay for the final big stuff!  Sometimes online banks will let you transfer to an account at a different bank...might be worth checking in to!  Good luck and very smart with the lack of credit card.  I'm ok if I don't charge over $100 or so, but higher than that and it seems like I just keep spending! 
  • Options
    I hope everything works out!
  • Options
    Oh- that's horrible!  I hope maybe a friend or family member can step in to lend you guys any money you need until a card comes in (or you get checks) and you can repay them somehow?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards