August 2012 Weddings
Options

Very stressed

Im feeling so stressed righ now but I really dont want anyone to know because my family says I should be enjoying all of the final planning but cant help it, when we are less than 12 days away and only have a 40% response for the rsvps :( Ive started calling people but it still gives me a stomach ache that its so close. Thanks for listening I just dont want to have a rant at FI :S
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Very stressed

• Options
    Try to delegate that out. Have FI call his friends and family on the list, your parents call their sides, and his parents call their sides. It makes it a lot quicker of a process, and then you don't feel like your scrambling to get a hold of everyone.
  • Options
    I am stressed too but I can tell you stressing doesn't help just makes it worse. As PP said, can you delegate follow-up calls to family so you can have some help getting those RSVPs in?

So sorry you have to deal with that so close to your wedding, you must be freaking out! I simply do not understand why it is so hard to RSVP....drives me NUTS!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am stressed too but I can tell you stressing doesn't help just makes it worse. As PP said, can you delegate follow-up calls to family so you can have some help getting those RSVPs in?

So sorry you have to deal with that so close to your wedding, you must be freaking out! I simply do not understand why it is so hard to RSVP....drives me NUTS!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies I probably will delegate tonight to in laws and FI, because I seriously have had a permanent stomach ache since yesterday :S

You know what really drives me nuts, the fact that very very close friends didnt rsvp and when I called them to ask if they were coming they answered this: "I didnt think I had to rsvp since you know I wouldnt miss your wedding:" and in my head im like "No! I dont know! people have things to do , previous engagements, money and health issues and lives in general and I cant assume just because you like me very much you will automatically attend!" Ugh!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My RSVP is pretty important because I need to know what people would like to eat as well as knowing who is coming and I have close friends that misplaced their stuff... and its like well thanks guys, I am over wedding planning. I just want to cry every day with how much I can't wait for it all to be over with!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm at a 55% response rate for my RSVPs so far.  And they are due this Saturday.  I'm hoping that they roll in this week so we can get a count and avoid having to call too many people.  Most of the people that haven't responded yet are from FI's side or are mutual friends of ours.  My dad's work friends also haven't sent theirs in.  My mom is gonna call everyone from my side (my family and the friends they invited) and I'm gonna have FI's mom call everyone on their list, and we are gonna take care our friends.

I have to have a minimum of 100 people for our reception venue, so as long as we hit that mark, I'm happy.  With 240ish invited, that shouldn't be too hard.  
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards