August 2012 Weddings

SO DONE WITH THIS WEEKEND! (Moving, rant)

Moving is the most God awful thing on the planet, I sweat. I am totally out of steam and I'm stressed and irritated. We got access to our garage at the new place on Monday so we've been moving stuff over there all week to kinda make it easier for tomorrow. Sunday we are able to get into the apartment at noon - but that isn't much help because then we only have half a day to make it livable enough for the following week! Then I was looking forward to have the 4th off to just relax and setup stuff at home and now FI's family is coming in from out of state and we have to go to his parents in the afternoon. I know I'm getting to be a cranky pain in the arse, and FI is surely getting sick of me but I can't even help it. I'm more so depressed and stressed about this than excited. And we wanted to get a kitten that my friend found but we discovered we can't have her because she's too young / doesn't have her shots / isn't spayed / would add $415 to our security deposit and with the wedding next month we're already over extended. Ugh. Can't we just snap our fingers and magically be settled in the new place? FML.

OH then get this - I'm expected to wash all the bedding before we leave our house tomorrow. WTF? How am I ever going to get all that done before then?!?!?! I'm gonna give everyone blankets and make them sleep on bare mattresses!!! Grrr!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: SO DONE WITH THIS WEEKEND! (Moving, rant)

• Moving definitely sucks!! Especially when it's soo hot outside. But the silver lining is you'll be in your new place before the wedding.
  • Yeah - I'm excited about actually being in there but we've known about the apt / been approved for it for a MONTH now so we've been more and more anxious and now that we're moving stuff it's just a lot more work than we anticipated. lol
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_so-done-with-this-weekend-moving-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:0e4134bb-9af3-43f5-9dc9-82a07ca4f2afPost:e66be8e5-fbde-4212-9c13-f538d254ed18">SO DONE WITH THIS WEEKEND! (Moving, rant)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Moving is the most God awful thing on the planet, I sweat. I am totally out of steam and I'm stressed and irritated. We got access to our garage at the new place on Monday so we've been moving stuff over there all week to kinda make it easier for tomorrow. Sunday we are able to get into the apartment at noon - but that isn't much help because then we only have half a day to make it livable enough for the following week! Then I was looking forward to have the 4th off to just relax and setup stuff at home and now FI's family is coming in from out of state and we have to go to his parents in the afternoon. I know I'm getting to be a cranky pain in the arse, and FI is surely getting sick of me but I can't even help it. I'm more so depressed and stressed about this than excited. And we wanted to get a kitten that my friend found but we discovered we can't have her because she's too young / doesn't have her shots / isn't spayed / would add $415 to our security deposit and with the wedding next month we're already over extended. Ugh. Can't we just snap our fingers and magically be settled in the new place? FML. OH then get this - I'm expected to wash all the bedding before we leave our house tomorrow. WTF? How am I ever going to get all that done before then?!?!?! I'm gonna give everyone blankets and make them sleep on bare mattresses!!! Grrr!
    Posted by ohnoitskaroljo[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain. I'm moving too and it's a pain! Moving right before the wedding is tough!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • it sucks! especially with this heat and humidity right now. it never gets this hot in june in wisconsin!
  • On top of all this I've had a tooth ache for like, 3-4 days now and it's getting worse. I tried to get ahold of the dentist to get in and get my tooth fixed (I cracked a molar where i had an old filling) but haven't been able to get in. Bless FI's soul, he has been dealing with my crabby butt and went to get me some fresh garlic which is supposed to help if you put it on the affected area. I HATE Garlic but I'm willing to try ANYTHING at this point. =X I even tried snake skin which my great gram swore by which helped momentarily but the pain came back :(
  • libby2483libby2483 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I hope that moving goes well and you get settled in soon. I feel your pain because we are in the process of moving too. Our apartment lease ended and we are waiting to close on a house, so we actually have most of our stuff in storage and are living with family. I've been really crabby lately because it has been stressful not to have a place of our own. And I agree that this hot, humid weather in Wisconsin isn't helping!
  • Thanks Libby! We've been living with my parents for the last year (I've been back with them for 2 years) it's HARD to live with folks. My mom is in a rush to get us out and get her place back for herself too so she's been right behind me as I move things she puts other stuff where the old stuff was. LOL 
  • It sucks that you had to move on such a hot weekend :( But at least you're in, right? Good luck!!!
  • Just went through that 2 weeks ago!!!!!   It was totally worth it even with the fight with my FI while we were painting lol.  Its wonderful to have a space that we can say is ours together.. Trust me the time flies after you are in!!!  And you will be like.. man that was the least of my problems Cool
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image 149 Invited
    image 111 Wouldn't miss it!!
    image 38 Will be missed! br /> image 0 responses self destructed prior to arrival
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards