Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Re: Say Anything Wednesday!

• edited December 2011
    Where is everyone lately!!? It's been so quiet here.Our wedding invites go out Friday and I couldn't be happier. Maybe I'll finally start sleeping after they're stamped and put in the mail.
  • edited December 2011
    Anything!
    I like dogs, but not to eat
    Photobucket

10-10-10 here we come!

Anniversary

Kelly's BIO-Hazard

• juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kelly stole my answer....We got our new oven yesterday and the replacement dishwasher last night.  I like it!  I can't wait until the end of October for the refrigerator.  25.6 cubic feet just in time for Thanksgiving.  I don't understand why women have to be so terrible to other women in the workplace.  We get it, you don't like us/it/whatever.  Move on.
  • edited December 2011
    oohh, Julie!  What kind of oven did you get?We just bought our house a couple of months ago (we just moved in a couple of weeks ago)  Our house has white appliances (which there is nothing wrong with) but I love to cook so we're upgrading the stove/oven.  FYI - we bought a Samsung stainless steel fridge and I LOVE IT.  <sigh>
    Photobucket

10-10-10 here we come!

Anniversary

Kelly's BIO-Hazard

• edited December 2011
    The H is pissing me off royally lately. He wants me to act like we're back in college, but I'm sorry, I've got more responsibilities now than I did then.  Get the hell over it and stop thinking that just because I don't want to jump your bones every single morning right when I wake up and when I get home from work and when I go to bed, that I don't love you like you love me.  I'm about to kick his a$$.  I got  to work early, did some things that I usually can't do when it's work hours and yet I still managed to look bad when the OM walked in and turned on a few of the conference room lights.  I knew it looked unusually dark in the rooms, but for some reason thought all the lights were on.  She probably thinks I'm a total slacker...and I am.  I admit it.  I need a new job.  I'm thinking HR related.  Anyone know of a way to get my foot in the door?
  • kris928kris928 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FYI - we bought a Samsung stainless steel fridge and I LOVE ITDid you get the French door one? Thats the one I've been drooling over!!
  • edited December 2011
    The IL's bought us a Kenmore Elite stainless steel side by side fridge at the Sears Outlet!  50% off!!  A-freakin-mazing deal.  I cannot wait to use it.
  • stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Speaking of fridges...we ordered ours last week but it's on back-order right now, so we're hoping it comes in soon since we're planning on being in the house full time after October 24th.  It's a stainless steel GE Profile.  I get a discount through GE from work, so we got a great deal on it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Mariah - I need a new job too.  I currently have a great job... I'm just tired of being the "biitch" if you know what I mean.  I guess working with all guys... it's bound to happen.Julie- we were looking at the French Door one, but we needed to get a counter depth and not until after we bought ours, did I see that Samsung made a French Door counter depth.  FI thought about returning ours, but it works for me.  :)The french door one is uber nice though!
    Photobucket

10-10-10 here we come!

Anniversary

Kelly's BIO-Hazard

• edited December 2011
    I just ruined the lives (at least temporarily) of 300 people by laying them off.  It's the worst feeling in the world and I hate it.  I want OUT of this part of HR.  I want to go back to staffing.  I liked hiring people, I hate firing them.  On a more positive note, the inspection went great and we are schedule to close on the house we're selling next Friday...YAY!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I ran 3.5 miles for the first time in a long time and it felt good...and I am getting back on the WeightWatchers wagon...and I started 30 Day Shred Again and I had sweat pouring down my face after 20 minutes--out of shape! I wish Jay would get accepted into even just one medical school so we could have some peace of mind.Pumpkin custard is out tomorrow at Rustys and I cannot wait! (gotta counteract all of that working out :)
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, Lindsay! That's a quick closing!  I wish we were closing that soon!
  • kris928kris928 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mariah, I think we'll be making a trip to the Sears Outlet this weekend!
  • mscheese424mscheese424 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mariah What half marathon are you running?  I have my second full Saturday and I can't wait to get it over with I haven't trained at all for it.  I am going to watch a friend do her first half at the San Antonio in November.  Are you training with anyone or groups?
  • edited December 2011
    Mariah - they originally asked for October 27th but we'll be out of the country on our honeymoon.  I told them it had to be October 9th or else it would have to wait until after we get back..so basically Halloween weekend.  She wants to be in it by the 27th so they are trying for the 9th.....hopefully it will work out!
  • edited December 2011
    MsCheese, I'm running the DRC half marathon at White Rock on November 1st.  I'm also signed up to run in the White Rock Marathon, 1/2 marathon on December 13th.The only person I train with is my husband...and he's not exactly being a good partner lately.  Pretty soon it's just going to be me.  Though, I'd love someone to run with.  Right now I'm managing 11 minute miles for my long runs.  Shorter runs are more like 9.45 minute miles.
  • edited December 2011
    The weather for our wedding day keeps changing : /One day accuweather says sunny, the next it says rain, it's giving me an ulcer, lol.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm on the verge of taking a chainsaw to our copier.
  • edited December 2011
    SC Bride - It's like the stock market lately.  :)  I'm sure the weather will be great!FYI - you running people are making me feel very inadequate.  :P  ugh.... now I have to run after work today.
    Photobucket

10-10-10 here we come!

Anniversary

Kelly's BIO-Hazard

• edited December 2011
    I had my bridal portraits Saturday and I am so ready to see them. I want to e-mail the photographer and ask for a preview, but I don't want to annoy him. I'm just so impatient! Plus, a friend of mine took pro type pictures at my bridal shower on Sunday and I really want to see them, but I don't want to bug her either. Aaaah! I control myself! :-P
  • edited December 2011
    LOL shortgirltx.... you sound like me!   Except I usually want to take a hammer to it.
  • edited December 2011
    I may have to settle for a hammer Tiffany because I don't even have a chainsaw!
  • mscheese424mscheese424 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mariah Becareful when you lose your FI its hard to run by yourself.  I run with my FI and this year of training its was bad.  But when we were running with a nother couple we didn't miss a run.  Where do you run at we are about the same pace? Sara
  • edited December 2011
    SCBride--weather.gov and Hazardous Weather Outlooks are your new best friend.Accuweather is crap
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
  • edited December 2011
    I cannot wait to move to the first floor. I've lived on the 3rd floor for 6 years now. It wasn't too bad until we got a dog. I've been wanting a house soooo bad, but I'll settle for a 1st floor apt while we get some credit built up and some more down payment money saved up.
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have gone through the Sears Appliance Stores.  It's just appliances so you don't have to deal with the mall and the other things there.  The sale prices haven't been amazing but I wanted Kenmore (or Whirlpool).  We bought the biggest oven Kenmore makes.  6.1 cubic feet?  We went with black.  I really wanted stainless but we would save almost $600 combined on the dishwasher, range, and refrigerator.  We're going to get one of the French door models too.  We currently have a side by side and the ice machine takes up about 20% of the freezer.  Our cake takes up a bit of room too.  I just worry about having room for everything when we start buying stuff for Thanksgiving.  We're putting the old fridge in the garage to use for "storage".  Food, not bodies.  :-)
  • edited December 2011
    3 more days and my daughter will be a year old!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Marissa - I was just wondering is accuweather was any good b/c I compared the weather to weather.com for the days that I could see (my wedding day won't be on weather.com for two more days) and they didn't match up at all. I'll check out the sites that you recommended : ) Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    Julie - "food, not bodies" hahaha
  • maykiousmaykious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to two weddings since I've been engaged and both were the same--I was torn between sobbing like a baby (forecast not so great for my wedding) and making lists of all the things I'm going to make sure don't happen at my own wedding.  Can I give a tip for any Paradise Cove brides?  The guests face west.  We can't see your beautiful ceremony if we're all looking away from the sun.  I suggest holding the ceremony earlier in the day.  Also, certain tables are in near darkness.  My table was stealing candles from the empty table next door.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards