August 2012 Weddings

August 25th bride and freaking out

Hi ladies, any advice to stay sane?? I look at my list of things to do and doesnt seem like it goes down.....it seems like I keep finding something else to do:/ I looked at my knot checklist and still says i have about 52 things left. I feel so stressed and overwhelmed.
Anniversary

Re: August 25th bride and freaking out

• Just one thing at a time - that's all I can recommend!  Pick it. And DO it.  I was the same way for a bit -- flitting from one thing to another, then back, and no "checks" were getting done.  Pick some of the smaller, easier items first - and then when they're done, you can put that big CHECK beside it, and you feel like you've accomplished something.  Then it seems to get easier!!!  Don't listen to the "oh - you can do that tomorrow" lines coming at you. Just stick to your list as best you can.

Good luck and congratulations!!!!
  • I almost posted something similar. I am August 25 too, and I cried my eyes out this morning here at work because I am so overwhelmed with wedding stuff. I feel like there is still so much to do and not enough time to get it all done :( My anxiety levels are through the roof and I feel like I need to smoke a pack of cigarettes and drink a bottle (or 2) of wine (and I don't smoke). I don't know what to do to calm down. My FI has been really sweet telling me everything is fine and will get done, but for some reason I have this fear that it won't and we will run out of time :(
    Michsanc- just know that I feel your pain and you are not alone and we will get through everything! 
  • I'm an August 25 bride too. Take some deep breaths and try to stay calm. Are there things that are not absolute essentials that you coudl cut from your list? I decided to cut out a few DIY projects in the interest of time and I am SO HAPPY that I did. I really feel calm and relaxed and confident that everything that needs to get done will get done. I still have a lot to do, but having a shorter list has helped me stay focused and move from task to task with the confidence that I have enough time to finish everything.

I really want these last days as an engaged couple to be fun. On Wednesday of next week we will drive to Ohio to finish getting things ready for Saturday and I really want to be able to relax and enjoy that time with FI, my family, and our close friends instead of being a stressed out mess.

My wedding won't be perfect and won't have every single DIY project that I envisioned, but it will be beautiful and I will be happy and well rested :)

Good luck!
    Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. photo 455d4bc3-3623-4c16-8dd1-1fbc7e99e147.jpg BabyFruit Ticker My BFP Chart
  • Thanks everyone for your advice and words of encouragement! I got some stuff checked last night and today feels a little better but I know I have a very busy weekend ahead. Ms. Ro 1976 thanks I too felt like I was going to have a an emotional meltdown but Im hanging in there. Good luck to you and congrats to all the AUgust Brides!!!! woo woo
    Anniversary
  • Figure out what DOESN'T need to be done.  At this point, it is probably easy to scratch things like favors or DIY decorations or projects.  Realizing you don't have to do everything on the Knot's list will make you feel better!  Pick out the ones you deem important and focus on getting those done.  And yes, stuff will pop up, but keep your own list of those items and just spend free time getting them done.  You'll be fine!
  • I am getting married August 25th as well :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards