August 2012 Weddings
Options

Ok, Confess!

What's one major thing you feel like you're behind on, wedding-wise.

For us, it's booking our honeymoon/getting passports for said honeymoon. I know this is pretty irrational. Our honeymoon is going to be in California, and it's not exactly hard to get a flight to Cali from Calgary, Alberta.

What's yours?

Re: Ok, Confess!

• Options
    I feel like we are getting behind on finalizing details with our reception hall. We haven't had our dinner tasting and I am really wanting to meet with our venue coordinator to layout the times for everything.
  • Options
    We haven't ordered invitations yet! I wanted to a long time ago, but we couldn't decide on a design that we liked. We FINALLY chose last night, so I WILL be ordering asap!!
    And also the honeymoon thing. We know where we are going, and staying...but need to book!
    Oh man, and I need to meet with the cake lady for a tasting!
    Yikes, I guess I am behind on more things than I thought!! Surprised
  • Options
    Booking the rehearsal dinner place :(
    And booking our honeymoon
  • Options
    We probably need to get the ball rolling on cake design...hence why i dont have a cake siggy pic. Also, need to finalize the menu for the reception.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Flowers
    image 160 Invited
    image 2 are ready to party with there boots on! image 0 have better things to do image158 are trying to find there boots
    RSVP Date: July 25th
  • Options
    We need to get our invites finalized, but we are stuck on a design. Honeymoon a bit, we just need to figure out where in the Dell's we want to go. And sadly a bridesmaid issue is making getting the dress a lot harder then it should be. Otherwise I'm feeling pretty good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm definitely feeling behind on invites and booking the rehearsal dinner. Thankfully most of the other stuff is booked.
  • Options
    Deciding and ordering invitations! Feel so behind. Im trying to decide on shoes for my fitting this week. Finally got an appointment for a tasting at the venue but we need to decide on times for everything to start. Still need to look into rehersal dinner and look at cake designs. Totally stressed eck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm another one feeling behind on invites! I REALLY need to get on this. I would like to have them ready to go in exactly three months...this is giving me anxiety to think about LOL

I'm hoping to get the wording finalized this weekend so I can order the PDF from Etsy...then I need to order all of the papers and then have them printed, put them together, etc. Ahhh!!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Given that we only got engaged 2 months ago I'm not feeling too far behind. We have done a ton in a short period of time. The last major thing we need to do is order suits for FI and groomsmen.

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Dawn, I'm so impressed!  We were engaged Dec 25, wedding Aug 25, and have so much to do!  I put all of the groomsmen things on my FI's plate because he thinks planning a weddnig should be a piece of cake and doesn't understand why I stress out, which stresses me out more :)  I would feel much more comfortable if I had the wedding cake and baker picked out, photographer picked and booked, and my hair + makeup person picked and booked.

On that note, what are you brides paying for hair + makeup, and a trial run?
  • Options
    Our DOC is also a graphic designer so she's taking care of our invites and said we should be good starting designing at the end of the month.

I feel most behind on getting in shape and bridesmaid dresses.  The girls are picking their own dresses and 4 our of 6 of them have them.  My cousin will find something, but my sister is pregnant and due in May, and putting this off til after she has the baby.  She'll have 4 kiddos by then and she's not much of a shopper.  I did get a dress for her to try on at one point and she didn't love it.  But I'm keeping it just in case, and so I have a little peace of mind that there's a back up plan. 
    8/12 March Siggy- reception venue!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_ok-confess?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:16226f5f-d413-4654-a941-a4406ed6a95bPost:c9aa3cae-0b33-40f6-bbd9-4b18e1a84299">Re: Ok, Confess!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dawn, I'm so impressed!  We were engaged Dec 25, wedding Aug 25, and have so much to do!  I put all of the groomsmen things on my FI's plate because he thinks planning a weddnig should be a piece of cake and doesn't understand why I stress out, which stresses me out more :)
    Posted by rojacobs[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>We got engaged the same day :) I'm totally on the same page as you with FI picking out all the grommsmen things. I don't think hes gotten too far with it though. He also doesn't understand what is stressful about planning he always tells me "calm down we have tons of time to get a venue/photographer/anything that should of already been done" haha. </div><div>
    </div><div>Anyways, I still haven't booked a photographer, although I found one I like. I also haven't even begin to look at cakes or go over flavors. I also need to figure out what shoes to get so I can get my dress hemmed the write way. 

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Not much, to be honest.  Ladies, don't worry about the honeymoon yet - booking this far in advance is usually to your disadvantage price-wise.  3 months out is the sweet-spot for flights and last minute is best for hotels (if you're flexible, otherwise 3 months out is good).  We're probably not going to book our flights until 3-4 weeks before, but that's due to FI's military obligations and he'll have to ask for leave when he gets to his new duty station.

The things my Mom is bugging me to take care of are tent rentals, chair rentals, JOP, send in a few contracts, and submit the check for the bagpiper.  That's really the main things I have left to do.  Um... I have to create the table numbers, I have to print and assemble the invitations, menus and signs, arrange transportation for guests (party bus), and plan the day-after BBQ.

Anniversary

• Options
    bridejlbridejl member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I feel like I'm behind on transportation and flowers. Sort of cake, but I'm going to tastings this week so hopefully that will be taken care of soon. But I haven't looked into transportation or flowers yet at all...ahh!

Edit: also behind on figuring out hair/makeup...thinking about it stresses me out!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Invites, Videographer and Honeymoon are the 3 big things I need to nail down that I'm worried/stressed about the most.

I haven't found any invites I like yet, 2 Videographers that I liked and called said they were booked for 2012 already and the Honeymoon we know the dates, the places, the flights, but we just need to book.

Next on the horizon, Programs, Favors, Tuxes, Wedding day jewelry (including a hair comb for when the veil comes off), Bridal Party and Groomsmen gifts.

I've been engaged for 2 months so we have accomplished a ton in a short time, but I still want to get those 3 big things checked off the list!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    avojeanavojean member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Up until this week I was feeling behind on EVERYTHING!!!  But suddenly we have ceremony and reception venues, and a caterer!  So I am feeling much better now! We became engaged on Dec. 25th and my head has been swimming with ideas but making them come to be has not been so easy!
    Visit WeddingChannel!
  • Options
    I know I will get behind on invites: our engagement pics aren't scheduled until May, and I really want to use them in the invitations. So I will need to order asap.
    Otherwise, fiance needs to pick out tuxes, we need to think about wedding favors etc, but feeling pretty good right now :)
    Honeymoon....booked! Bridesmaid dresses....ordered!
    What do you guys are thinking about for bridesmaid gifts??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I feel behind on invites/honeymoon/videographer.

We are working on choosing invites (may do our own if necessary).

Honeymoon we need to choose where we are going (see post from yesterday if you don't know) and then decide what we are going to do and book it!

Videographer - we are trying to figure out who in the family has a nice video camera who could record the wedding/reception for us!!  My parents suggested going this route as all my siblings have done the same (with the exception of my sister because she had a destination (Virginia) wedding and played the tape of the ceremony at her North Dakota reception so family and friends could see it)!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Also....

Steph - I am planning to purchase my bridesmaids jewelry, then I am getting them tote bags and putting lotion, chapstick, kleenex, and other "emergency kit" items in them along with a note for each bridesmaid thanking them for everything they have done!  I am doing the same for my personal attendant except not putting jewelry in hers.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What an awesome idea! I was thinking about necklaces for the bridesmaides...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ok, I'm a little stressed :( I have to plan a wedding for August 24th, move an hour away and find a new job! I have my wedding venue,reception venue,menu,photographer and dj done already. We are doing the cake tasting,catering tasting,wedding gift registry and go hunting for a tux shop all this week. whew!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards