August 2012 Weddings
Options

Freaking Out

So I've had major skin issues since I moved to California (I had skin issues in NY too, but of a different caliber). I saw a dermatologist earlier this year, and then I saw a different one a few weeks ago (5 weeks before the wedding). The second one cleared up my skin so beautifully, I was GLOWING.

I look in the mirror this morning and one of those old rashes was showing up again.
Fast forward to 2 minutes ago, I looked in the bathroom mirror at work and realize my face is breaking out all over. THE WEDDING IS IN TEN DAYS!

I just moved and the second derm is now 85 miles away and I honestly don't have time to find a new one. I'm hoping that my other prescriptions from earlier this year (they are still good, only a few months old) will do the trick.

UUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Freaking Out

• Options
    I hope it works! Would it be worth it to make the trek out to derm #2 this week???
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_freaking-out-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:195c83fe-81d3-4cf2-83ac-eed1568b8c27Post:95e44a4e-29fe-491e-8240-82e08efee8d9">Re: Freaking Out</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hope it works! Would it be worth it to make the trek out to derm #2 this week???
    Posted by lissadelsol[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I can't. I hope that if I use my prescriptions, it will clear up by the weekend (last time it only took about 4 days to completely clear up. Otherwise, I will be forced to call her.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    You should be able to call her and she could send a new prescription to a local pharmacy.  I think in a case like this, where you know the symptoms and you're not changing medications, she should be able to renew just by talking to you.  Good luck!
  • Options
    I'm not sure if this is the case with you, but I've had my psoriasis flare up a little recently and I'm pretty sure it's stress-related. Of course get your prescription, but also see what you can do to alleviate some wedding stress - it might help your prescription be more effective!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_freaking-out-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:195c83fe-81d3-4cf2-83ac-eed1568b8c27Post:8146219f-8349-4ee8-a58d-067a5c63f4b7">Re: Freaking Out</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not sure if this is the case with you, but I've had my psoriasis flare up a little recently and I'm pretty sure it's stress-related. Of course get your prescription, but also see what you can do to alleviate some wedding stress - it might help your prescription be more effective!
    Posted by spazticrexe[/QUOTE]

I think you're absolutely right! Unfortunately, it's not just wedding stress but job stress too!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards