August 2012 Weddings
Options

Weekend Updates!

Fill us in on your WR and NWR updates from the weekend. :)

Re: Weekend Updates!

• Options
    WR:  Still trying to figure out a timeline for the day.  Emailed the venue/caterer, photographer, and the churches' wedding coordinator.  Checked out a proof of our invitations, wanted a couple corrections, so we'll see it again in a few days.  Lusting after different updo options (love the one in your signature!).  And my shoes arrived!

NWR:  Spend some time with a good friend and her two little ones and my sister.  Trying out a new recipe (in the oven now..wish me luck!)
  • Options
    WR: We got a new ring bearer! He is our flower girls little brother who she will pull down the aisle in a little wagon! Even if it doesn't work out those two are the cutest little kids that no matter what they do it will most likely put a smile on the guests faces.

NWR: We celebrated one of my best friends bachelorette parties this weekend! That was so much fun! She looked beautiful and her MOH planned an amazing night of events. I couldn't stay the entire night because it was also my last sorority formal the same night. So after dinner with my best friend my FI came and picked me up and we went right off to a night of dancing and drinks with my sorority sisters! Such a fun weekend!
  • Options
    WR: Started shopping for centerpiece materials..mostly browsing at this point.  I'm excited because I found a site where we can purchase sleeves and tassels for guests to turn their photo booth strips into bookmarks, which will fit well with our book-themed centerpieces.

NWR: Had drinks with a friend who is moving away, and had a girls night when all of our men were at a bachelor party.
  • Options
    WR: Got a bunch of stuff boxed up to send to my Mom's house..since we are getting married in Philly and live in MN we have to ship all of our DIY projects....we hit the 4 month mark this week!!  So excited!

NWR: Had Sunday family dinner with all of our friends...I ate too much and now my work out is gonna be MUCH needed tomorrow!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    WR: I've been working on our photo guest book and now FI is working on making our invitation info inserts. My mom met up with my MOH today to discuss shower stuff. And my mom finally told me the date and time of my shower! Yay, but won't tell me anything else lol. Also, had a hair trial with my friend of the family who will be doing my hair.

NWR: Today FI and I washed both our cars and my mom's car. Yesterday with my family we went to see the UW-Madison Band concert. My bro and his future-fiance are UW-Madison students. Not sure what you ladies know about the Badger Band, but they are PHENOMENAL to say the least- always put on a fantastic show, and last night was no different. 3 hours of incredible music, pyrotechnics, the director doing aerial stunts, guest performances, and of course dancing and singing in our seats to 5th quarter music...it was amazing.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

WR: Had my first bridal shower today!!  Was so much fun!! :)  Now to start writing thank you notes lol :)  Also, confirmed a date for my second bridal shower :)

NWR: Had a relax day with FI yesterday, and he picked up our camper today that we inherited from his grandpa. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    WR:  Nothing.

NWR:  I was too busy getting a dog!  FI and I's first official pet.  She is a rescue and an absolute sweetheart.  We are in love.
  • Options
    WR: We picked out FI's wedding ring! It's really gorgeous and different but still subtle, if that makes any sense. We also settled on who our readers will be and I picked a song for my dad and I to dance to (Paul Simon's Father and Daughter.)

NWR: We went grocery shopping together on Saturday and took the boys (our kitties) out into the backyard on their leashes for some exploring fun and also planted some spinach. Tonight we went to some old co-workers Eagle ceremonies and it was great to catch up with old friends.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    WR: finally back into planning mode that the move is underway( more on that below). Scheduled my trial for my hair. Had a hair appointment on Saturday and spent most of the time talking about what would or wouldn't work for the wedding. We had our e shoot today after having to reschedule earlier this week. We had a gorgeous day 70 degrees in Seattle. Had a blast and started figuring out the timeline with the photographer. NWR: The condo was listed on Friday we sign on the new house on Monday. We had to spend most of the weekend out of the house for showings. 20 showings which is amazing, hopefully we get an offer out of one of those. Spent Saturday with friends at the Space Needle, today we went shopping for furniture for the house. Will be glad to get the house closing and sale of the condo behind us.

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_weekend-updates-32?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:1b0cc33d-7090-4e85-a569-40db54e80f1fPost:6e150aab-b35b-4186-bbc7-92acfbbed5e4">Re: Weekend Updates!</a>:
    [QUOTE]WR: I've been working on our photo guest book and now FI is working on making our invitation info inserts. My mom met up with my MOH today to discuss shower stuff. And my mom finally told me the date and time of my shower! Yay, but won't tell me anything else lol. Also, had a hair trial with my friend of the family who will be doing my hair. NWR: Today FI and I washed both our cars and my mom's car. Yesterday with my family we went to see the UW-Madison Band concert. My bro and his future-fiance are UW-Madison students. Not sure what you ladies know about the Badger Band, but they are PHENOMENAL to say the least- always put on a fantastic show, and last night was no different. 3 hours of incredible music, pyrotechnics, the director doing aerial stunts, guest performances, and of course dancing and singing in our seats to 5th quarter music...it was amazing.
    Posted by bridejl[/QUOTE]

<div>I love the UW-Madison band concert.  I wasn't able to go this year, but I've gone several times in the past, and I've always been impressed!</div>
  • Options
    eseney82eseney82 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    WR: We registered at 2 different places on Saturday.  Excited to finally have that accomplished, but I keep going back online and adding stuff! :-)  Also gave the final approval for out invites, so those should be getting ordered soon.  I cleaned out my closet and reorganized the shelves to make room for my dress; it should be here either today or tomorrow!!!  I cant wait!

NWR:  My fiance took me to a driving range on Sunday, and tried to teach me (again) how to play golf.  Im sooo not good at it!  My dad is a big golfer and has tried to teach me since I was little, even put me in lessons at 1 point, and I have never caught on.  Needless to say, Sunday was pretty comical! 
  • Options
    WR: Finished my DIY card box. It actually looks a little better in person than it does in the photo. Nonetheless, I was pretty pleased with how it turned out since I'm not a super crafty person.

NWR: Watched our hockey team lose in game 6 of the playoffs :(  Then met up with a friend who is visiting from Portugal, which was fun.
  • Options
    WR: Not much just trying to decide on table settings. Booking our DJ today though :)

NWR: Friday we had the electric inspection on our house (and passed!!) so we spent the weekend insulating and sheet rocking. Alot of work but soo worth it since we will soon be moving into our own house with a huge yard instead of an apartment.
  • Options
    WR: Fi got instep with our DJ, we have yet to hear from them, but ran into one of the brothers at home depot. We should have the date locked in as we sent in the deposit, my brother said they weren't very good with communication but as long as they show up on the day we will be fine :)

NWR: Fi worked all day Saturday, and I had to come into my office because our computers crashed, finally got them up and running this morning (oye) then yesterday, Fi mowed the hayfield of a yard we had, and I was finally able to work more on our kitchen floor, now we just have to pull out the stove and fridge so I can tile under there, then I get to paint! I am so thrilled, sick of dirty white walls...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Flowers
    image 160 Invited
    image 2 are ready to party with there boots on! image 0 have better things to do image158 are trying to find there boots
    RSVP Date: July 25th
  • Options
    Ordered the flower girl dress. Went to DB and my FMIL ordered her dress. Rescheduled my fitting for a little earlier in June and met with the Pastor for our first pre-marital counseling session which went very well. We even have homework. lol
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    WR: got the last of the addresses on my side. My aunt offered to pay for our cake. Visited my dress and tried it on with my shoes. Handsome Man paid off his suit. Wedding stuff has been at a minimum since SIL has been in the hospital, looking forward to getting things done now.

NWR: SIL came home from the hospital today from being there since the 5th. Had our first 70 and 80 degree days this weekend. Planted some more fuchsias.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards