August 2012 Weddings
Options

I need some advice. Sorry so long

Hi everyone so I am so stressed out right now. I havn't done allot of planning other then finding our venue because I am in school. This semester is really tough so I have been waiting to really start planning till August. So midterms are the next two weeks and I am pretty stressed. 

My fiance's mom is wanting to have allot of input in everything about the wedding. Telling me that my ideas are dumb and that's not how it should be done. So I have stopped talking wedding stuff around her just so its not brought up. My parents are paying for the wedding. We went and looked at allot of venues all over for our venue. We finally found one within our budget and its exactly what we want! 
My fiance's mom doesn't understand we have a budget, she is not helping pay for the wedding. So she has also mentioned that we "are certainly" not having any children at our wedding, and she doesn't want us to have flower girl/ring bearer. Well we are going to we are having one flower girl and two ring bearers. To me that is part of a wedding, I want my family to be involved! 
So she has started talking about the rehearsal dinner. She wants it low key and only people who are in the wedding to be invited. Well now she is saying she wants it to be "intimate" which is fine with me, but intimate to her means no kids. Even the flower girl/ and the ring bearer. I don't know what to do. I tried to explain to her that they are coming to the rehearsal so they should be invited to dinner and she doesn't think so. What do I do? Our god child (my sisters son) is in the wedding my cousin is coming from out of town her two children are in the wedding. My friend from Canada is coming out to be in our wedding, she will have to bring her daughter because they don't know anyone here. I think its rude to ask them to be in the wedding and then not invite them to the rehearsal dinner.  They are going to pay for the outfits (for the wedding) but then not invite them to dinner? This is when we will give out our gifts to all our wedding party. I told her maybe Brian and I will go ahead and do the rehearsal dinner then because I don't want our rehearsal to be that way. She said no that is not an option.
Also when my Fi talked to her after she said its her decision, she had no choice on where the wedding was going to take place or anything about it so she will decide this. She doesn't like that the venue is 40 min away from our house. I don't think she should have a say in where the wedding is do you? I mean all the places she suggested we had already looked at and were way out of our price range. We also moved the wedding from a Thursday to a Friday because she made a big deal about the fact it was on a weekday. She said that no one will come and made a huge deal so we moved it to a Friday. 

Please if anyone has some advice I need some. I am just frustrated we wanted a small wedding with just family and our friends. His mom added ten couples that we don't know. When we mentioned it to them they said oh we already told them they were invited. So I feel we should be able to have the entire wedding party at our rehearsal! Sorry this is so long. 

Thanks, Halie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards