August 2012 Weddings
Options

Zero RSVPs Today!?

So our RSVPs have been trickling in... Grand total 15 in all in the now 2 weeks since I've sent them... After the holiday weekend I was expecting a bunch to arrive today... But we got NONE! Is anyone else experiencing super slow responses? I know it's only been 2 weeks, but I'm getting nervous I'm going to have to contact a ton of guests to find out if they are coming or not! UGH!
196 Invited image
104 Ready to Rock! image
92 Party Poopers image
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Zero RSVPs Today!?

• Options
    My first RSVP date is this Friday (!!!) but I am still missing responses from 104 people!!  I feel like it is very slow going recently, and I'm getting nervous!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We've gotten 12 RSVPs back since we mailed them out on 5/20 (216 people are invited). Our cut off is July 20th. I'm not worried at all as I usually leave RSVPs to closer to the cut off date because I have a kid and am never sure if I'll make it or not. We got 3 today after the holiday weekend - I figured we'd get more too but oh well - people were probably just busy with the holiday :D Give it time and try to not stress yourself out :D
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I only got 2 in the mail today so I wouldn't worry too much about it.  When is your RSVP date?  Some people wait til the last minute, which I wish they wouldn't because it drives the bride's nuts that no one is coming to the wedding...  Be patient and see what comes tomorrow.
    image 141 Are ready to party!
    weddingcountdown.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Don't worry, there is still plenty of time. I haven't even mailed my invites yet and don't plan to until sometime next week.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 95image Invited 66image Ready to party 21image Declined
  • Options
    If I had a cool little RSVP ticket at the bottom of my posts, it would be even worse than yours. I sent out the invites for 200+ guests two weeks ago too. I have 14 yes and 6 no I think at this point (and that includes me and the groom). My parents haven't even RSVP'd yet!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Haha we are pretty much the same then! Our ticker includes me and FI lol, and our parents haven't replied yet either... Neither have any of his groomsmen or one of my MOHs! But she just told me she got her invite Friday, 2 weeks after it was sent... But when I sent STDs back in October she got mad at me for not sending her one (which I did) so o sent another and then she found the first the next day... So I don't entirely believe she just got it either... Why do people wait so longgggg! I want to do seating chart and bc it's in NC and our families are from NY and Ohio we don't know who is making the trip! Frustrating....
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I only got one response today too! And last Thursday and Friday I got zero - it was a (great) but long 3 day weekend with no responses! lol... I've never been this excited to check the mail!
  • Options
    So I guess I spoke to soon... 7 RSVP's in the mailbox today when I got home! Unfortunately, my Knot guestlist is being stupid at the moment and won't let me update anyone's responses!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I got a few today, but I think people were busy or away this weekend.  Maybe they'll be back to business and get on it now.  I wish I had them all now though, but I have gotten a lot.  Some of my BMs haven't RSVPed but I think they're waiting to see if they're going to bring dates.
  • Options
    Don't worry, we haven't even sent invites yet, and we won't be until mid June (about two months ahead of time).  People oftentimes wait until closer to the deadline to RSVP.  In addition, many people don't know this far ahead of time if they can get off work, or they may still be planning summer trips, etc.
  • Options
    I'm pretty eager to get the responses just so I know how much the bar and food tabs are gonna be! LOL
  • Options
    Exactly! We told the rentals people 150 when we first started planning... Then realized there is not a chance that many will attend! So told the caterers 125 and that number might be too high as well... If we come in around 100 like I'm thinking that will be a huge diff in price, and we are stocking our own bar too so it would be nice to know how much to buy!!
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are planning for probably about 175, but we budgeted enough for 200. If we had 200 we'd be $1k over the room minimum, with 175 we're just slightly over the room minimum. I'm hoping that the list will scale down just a little more - I'd be happier closer to 150. LOL. I have a HUGE family and surprisingly even though it's on a Friday night it seems that most of my family is trying to make it regardless!
  • Options
    Don't worry!  If your invites went out this early, I'm guessing your deadline is still a ways off.  You will probably see many in the two weeks preceding & following your deadline.
  • Options
    Do people really wait until after the deadline? We made it July 28th, which is 3 weeks before the wedding... But final count has to be in that following Saturday... And I'm meeting with vendors the Tuesday before that... So I'll be making phone calls and sending emails to those that wait past that time... I just figured those that know they are for sure coming would have dropped them in the mailbox with in the first week of receiving it!! I'm pretty easy going and try not to freak out... But besides the cost of some things this has me in a tizzy haha
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Only got 1 rsvp today - and it was FI's grandmother (all of my grandparents are dead and this is his only remaining one!) So naturally I teared up that it said she would be there :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards