August 2012 Weddings
Options

Stressed...

Only 12 more days and the stress is on! Even thou almost everything is completed, I still feel like there is so much to get done! I go for my second dress fitting Thursday and now I'm freaking out about that! I'm just hoping it is completed in time.
Ugh, I had planned on getting everything completed ahead of time, so I wouldn't have to worry or be stressed, but it's not working all that great! I think I'm stressing more. And to top it off, my fiancee doesn't understand at all why I'm stressing, he thinks all his little projects he is working on can wait until the last minute, not realizing how long they take to complete. Plus having to keep up with all the inside and outside house work and getting bills paided on time is just causing me more stress. UGH! Can't wait to get this over with!

Re: Stressed...

• Options
    I feel like you wrote exactly what I am going through...word for word. My to-do list seems to grow faster than I can get things checked off, and I feel like I am sinking in quick sand! My fiance asks me at least 3 times a day why I am so stressed and when I show him the list he just says "Don't worry...everything will get done". Ahhhhhhhh!!! I can't wait to actually enjoy all this hard work...I wonder how I am going to spend my time once the wedding is over and I don't spend every waking moment planning and worrying about it!
  • Options
    I got married on Friday and I was stressed until I got to the church! Take your to do list and put it order of the most important to the least. The night before my wedding, I finished BM gifts, an outfit for my MOH's baby, reserved seat tags and decorations for two walls in the church. The day of the wedding, the wall decorations the reserved seat tags never made it out of the dressing rooms! I could have slept 3 more hours!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Im getting married Friday. Super stressed. So many things to do. Some people are pitching in some which is helping but bad back is not helping. Amist all this FI still went golfing tonight. He still does not get it. Im just trying to figure out the have to's at this point.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with the to do list. I was stressed but putting it on paper helped me get a game plan and see where I really stood
    85image 71image 14image
  • Options
    I finally decided to just let it go, what  gets done gets done. People won't notice! Yoga has helped so much.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Were you reading my mind? I'm getting married in 11 days and my Fiance was supposed to make some signs for parking this past weekend and instead spent the whole day fishing! Now I'll probably end up doing it because he still hasn't started it. The guy only had a few things to do compared to the mountain of things I did... I totally understand with the housework... I feel like my house has become a disaster area this past month with putting all the normal cleaning and housework off in place of doing wedding stuff leading up to next week! Now every night this week and every day next week I have something going on and don't know when I'm going to even vacuum my living room!

Maybe time to give myself a pre-wedding present of a cleaning lady for a day? haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jodie- we are date twins!  I also think we are stress twins!
    It's kind of comforting to know you're not alone...  my place is also a disaster- and I keep getting phone calls about things going wrong!  The church lost the check, the bridal shop sent me a veil with half the beads missing, the venue can't accomodate all the things they promised, my father booked a shuttle but refuses to do the work to coordinate with them and gets offended when I ask for the name and number of the shuttle company and won't give it to me, and yep- the fiance left ordering gifts for our attendants to the very last minute (at least later than I wanted)--  we did that just last night (until almost midnight), and we haven't received what we need for our marraige liscence in the mail from the courthouse yet!
    This morning I am tying 80 bows and making up 80 namecards- thanking my lucky stars that no one insisted on adding zillions more guests to the list.  (Can't get the bridesmaids to help for logistical reasons.)

You guys should take a second to treat yourself- if you can! Smile  I like Jodie's cleaning lady idea!

Ok... back to more bows now...
  • Options
    I thought I was along in all this, I guess it is "normal" for the guys to bail on their to-do-list. My house is just a diaster and I'm not worried about it too much, it will get cleaned after the honeymoon! I am soooo looking forward to the honeymoon to just relax and not have to be anywhere or do anything at a certain time!
    I even got a good night sleep last night and just feel totally drained already today and my day hasn't even began.

I do have a massage scheduled for the 14th, just hoping she can work all the knots out. haha

I too have come to the point of, if it gets done, it gets done, if not, no one will miss it. 

We will look back on this and just laugh I'm sure some day. Smile

• Options
    AHH...I think I have one of the best bosses in the world! I went into work today and she told me she was going to give me an early wedding present! I have the whole week off next week! I had already planned on taking a couple days off, but she told me to just take the other days off as well.

I think I need to take one of those days and just do nothing but chill out and relax!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards