August 2012 Weddings
Options

Hey look! That is my dress :)

I've been saying I wish I could see how other brides accessorize my wedding dress, and yesterday my wish came true! The bride is wearing my dress in a wedding featured on SMP!

http://www.stylemepretty.com/2012/05/29/los-angeles-diy-wedding-at-smogshoppe-by-hazelnut-photography/

Have you been able to find other brides wearing the dress you picked? Seeing it just on models doesn't do it for me. Share a link?

Re: Hey look! That is my dress :)

• Options
    Oooo that dress is beautiful!
  • Options
    Gorgeous dress just PLEASE don't wear a huge gaudy necklace like that. I think it takes away from the neckline of the dress!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_hey-look-that-is-my-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:20fc602b-4de4-4490-838b-769746ca24ddPost:d470f49f-0e72-4747-83da-5ecd8fdd4f21">Re: Hey look! That is my dress :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Gorgeous dress just PLEASE don't wear a huge gaudy necklace like that. I think it takes away from the neckline of the dress!
    Posted by ohnoitskaroljo[/QUOTE]

agreed, the big necklace takes all the attention away from that beautiful dress
  • Options
    Aw! Thanks.

yeaaaa. Don't worry, that is NOT my style.
  • Options
    A few months after I got my dress, I saw it in an episode of Gossip Girl during Blair Waldorf's bridesmaid bootcamp. It was on the mannequins LOL. I totally freaked!

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/iDMcgykE0MQ/0.jpg
  • Options
    i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    oh so pretty! I WISH i could see my dress on someone but i have searched high and low for something but no pics.
    One girl contacted me on my blog to tell me she and i had the same dress and that she hasnt found anyone else with the dress!
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • Options
    Love your dress!
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ohnoitskarolj- ha! That is cool!

i2012do- I've found picture of girls trying on my dress in stores and reselling them with pictures of them modeling it themselves. Mostly on the Wedding Bee website.

Not finding your dress all over the place is kinda nice too. Makes you feel more unique? ;)
  • Options
    I haven't been able to find pictures of my dress anywhere. Not even on the designers website. There are similar ones but not the exact one. I am pretending I have a one of a kind dress.

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Yeah I've found some pics of girls selling the same dress as mine but most of them are white. Mine is light gold. :D and it's completely discontinued so I shouldn't see it anymore. I got the last one they had in stock and it was in my size lol. $250! :D
  • Options
    i've only found 1 girl who had my dress... and i've only been able to see 2 pictures of her in it.  makes me feel awesome and unique, but boy was it tough to decide what veil/jewelry to wear! =P
  • Options
    lclemencelclemence member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Funny, mine was on the cover of the Fall/Winter 2011 issue of The Knot!! I wasn't a fan of how they styled her in the cover shots at all. In the first one, they have her sitting down, which covers half the beautiful detail of the dress, and in the second one, they bustled the train. Plus my veil is way better. :) I bought the dress without even noticing it was on the cover. The issue was actually sitting on my floor in a pile next to my bed, and I hadn't gotten to it yet. When I picked it up, there it was, staring back at me. I couldn't believe it!

• Options
    My dress is pretty popular, infact odustudent has the same one only in blue.... :) when I first bought it, i didn't think it was very popular, then I met a girl in one of the shows I was in and we swore we had the same dress... she is my twin :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Flowers
    image 160 Invited
    image 2 are ready to party with there boots on! image 0 have better things to do image158 are trying to find there boots
    RSVP Date: July 25th
  • Options
    That is a pretty dress!

My dress is from Davids Bridal and so I went through all the reviews to find people in my dress that I bought to see how they accessorized my dress. ;-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards