Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Florist Freakout

Just got off the phone with a florist who told me that the average floral budget she works with is $3000-$6000.  Holy cow!  Have I really under budgeted for flowers?  I'm just looking for bridal bouqet, 4 BM bouquets, 3 wrist corsages, 12 low medium sized centerpieces.  Girls who have gone through the flower shopping process, should this cost $3000?  AHH!
D&M Bio
Now with vendor reviews!
Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Florist Freakout

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think so....but 12 centerpieces addes up very quickly.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Based on my floral proposal, that should be under $2k, depending on what flowers you want, etc.
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stephie, you're using "A Magic Moment?"2K was more what I had in mind.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep.  I have pics in my bio of my centerpice mockup.  I also got 11 bouts, a buffet arrangment and cake flowers. All under $3K.
  • Options
    appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try [url]www.macauxfloral.com[/url]They are great with working with whatever budget you have in mind. They have great ideas to lower the cost but they don't push you to get one thing or another. I love working with them!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Haute Floral and that would be around 1500 with her.  Kristen is the lady's name and she is one of my favorite vendors.  She did everything she could to get into my budget and still get me all the "bling" I want in my bouquets.  214-578-6048
  • Options
    amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using AprilMayJune and I got a quote for all of that PLUS 2 alters, 4 pews, and cake flowers for about $2000 (including delivery and set-up). Mariah is right... centerpieces add up fast. We had to scale ours down a bit to keep the quote at 2K.
    photo images_zps41edd072.jpg

Carter born 5/28/11
    BFP 9/27/12 EDD 6/11/13, MC 9wks, no HB

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Urban Blossom and I love them. They are more along the non traditional route but we are under $1900 for 11 center pieces, 4 bouquets, 10 boutonnieres, 10 sets of flowers along the chairs down the isle, 2 corsages, and a little something on the gift table. I love working with Erin there and she has been really helpful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That sounds high depending on your flower choices. I had somethin similar close to $1500 and that was the highest of the quotes I got. I'd consider Market Street.
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My centerpieces were $25 each through Market Street and I bought my own vases.  I had some roses, lilies and gerbera daisies in there.  My total cost through them was about $1100.
  • Options
    callie_knotcallie_knot member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should definitely try Haute Floral who Lindsay said. We may be rethinking our vendor and from the pictures I've seen and the prices she has given me so far I think it is a great deal. More than half the price of the original place I talked to. Her stuff is really creative not the ordinary plain stuff I have seen a lot from the lower end places. Her site is hautefloral dot com
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls for all the suggestions, I'm definitely looking your recs.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
  • Options
    maykiousmaykious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I don't know what happened, but I was NOT expecting to spend NEARLY that much on flowers.  I was thinking 5 or 600 at the most.  I think I might cry now. Any idea on how much florists upcharge?  Ours are going to be done at cost as a gift, but I guess I should still budget at least $1000, right?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    maykiousmaykious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    By the way, I'm blaming TK's budgeter for that.  I put in my wedding budget and that's about what it told me I should spend.  On the other hand, I'm not buying my dress or accessories at all, but I don't know how to move that money around somewhere else on that budgeter.  I made my own spreadsheet for that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maykious, most budget calculators will tell you to plan on spending approximately 10% of your overall budget on flowers.  I came in at right around 8%.
  • Options
    appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I came in at 10% but no centerpieces...but I chose a more expensive flower. If I had to do floral centerpieces I would have still tried to keep it around that number and do cheaper flowers. It can be done :)
  • Options
    maykiousmaykious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, I guess I just wasn't paying attention and now I feel dumb for complaining.  However, $2,000 is definitely more than 10% of my overall budget. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There's always ways to save--use more candles and greenery and less flowers, etc.  But just your personal flowers alone (bouquets, bouts, BM bouquets, etc.) will easily run a few hundred dollars.  Then anything else like centerpieces, altar flowers, pew decorations, etc. will be extra.
  • Options
    maykiousmaykious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks.  This has been a huge help to me.
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is a little high. But bridal bouquets can be very expensive, and if you want large or elaborate centerpieces, they can easily cost over a hundred dollars each. If you keep the centerpieces smallish and simple, using inexpensive flowers, and generic containers (if they don't show) you can cut the cost way down. If you have a Sam's membership, you can get inexpensive centerpieces "to go" for under $50. You just won't have a lot of options to choose from.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards