August 2012 Weddings
Options

BM's Bumping Heads - ventish

I think I'm having a problem with one of my bridesmaids. 

My sister is my maid of honor and the bridesmaid is a good friend from college. 

My sister/MOH asked what I wanted for a bachelorette party, she suggessted Vegas and I said all I really wanted was to go to my favorite beach, drink rum punch with my friends and have a relaxing night/weekend. 

MOH sent out an email to other BM's (eveyone lives in a different state) and the BM in question sent a response saying she doesn't think the beach is a good idea because she doesn't want us to get tan lines that would show up in my pictures and what would I think about going camping.

I'm not oppossed to camping, but I don't like the fact that she basically blew my sister off knowing that it was what I wanted.

I found out all this after the fact from my mother because my sister doesn't want to burden me.

Advice?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: BM's Bumping Heads - ventish

• Options
    Wear sunscreen then you won't get a tan :)  

Did only 1 BM complain or are others not down with the beach?  Is it really about getting tan lines or is there a concern about the cost of the beach getaway? 

If everybody else is ok with going to the beach and that is what you want to do I say go for it.  If the BM doesn't want to go the beach she doesn't have to attend the bachelorette pary.

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Agree w/ PP. If you still want to go to the beach then I would let your sister know that regardless of what the BM said, you still want to go. I would then advise my sister to let the BM know that she addressed the issue with you and that you really have your heart set on the beach. & maybe the sister can ask if it's a financial issue for any of the bridal party (I don't see this being expensive at all, except that you said night/weekend... if you are staying for the weekend in a hotel or beach cottage & she insisted on camping then I would say it is for sure about money.)

Also, I would only address my sister about this and have her handle it, I would not go to the BM myself.

Good luck, I'm sure everything will work out jsut fine and you'll ahve a fun Bach Party!
    126 Invited image
    37 Ready to Rock! image
    9 Party Poopers image
    80 Can't find the mailbox imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards