August 2012 Weddings
Options

OCD is turning me into a Bridezilla. (Long)

I hate to say it but I've been turning into a bit of a bridezilla the last couple weeks because of all of the stress that's been placed on me over this wedding. I don't want to plan ANYTHING ELSE with this and I just wanna be done (and thank the Lord in 3 days I will be!)

I've been getting snappy with my FI and just being a total B!TCH. It's really bad.  He just takes it because he knows I'm not well and he knows it's just the stress. I recognize all the time that I'm being horrible and I calm myself down and go give him my biggest "I'm sorry" doe eyes and hug and kiss him and apologize. I'm really awful about this. 

But I think OCD is moreso to blame than anything else. 

I was officially diagnosed for OCD in 2007. I've been told I have a "classic case" of OCD but I don't have extreme rituals that take up much of my day. I have obsessions and compulsions and trichotillomania. I have to step inside the boxes on the sidewalk, I don't like it when my foot falls over a crack. I have to keep the refrigerator door open when I'm using something quickly out of there (like when I'm pouring milk into a cereal bowl), It bothers me when volume gets set to anything other than an even number, multiples of 5 or the numbers 7 and 17 (just because I like those 2 numbers). I obsess about feeling ill and it makes me feel really ill just because I am thinking about it so much. There's a whole slew of things like that.

Well throughout the last year of planning this wedding I've made list after list after list and more excel spreadsheets than I could ever dream of. I've planned this down to the final detail and I've done 90% of it all by myself because thanks to my anxiety issues and OCD I hate to burden anyone else with ANYTHING in my life. 

Now I'm at the point that I just want it to be done and it's stressing me out that it's not all done (we only have like 2 minor things left on the to-do list!) and I'm obsessed with thinking that I may have forgotten something. 

I'm so thankful for having FI in my life - he tries his hardest to be patient with me and understanding of how stressed I am over this wedding. (I didn't want a wedding, I wanted to elope to Paris, but he wanted the big Catholic wedding and so I've felt a little resentful of him since planning ANYTHING even a gettogether for 5 people gives me massive anxiety let alone a party where 250+ people are invited and I'm going to be center of attention!!!). It's been so difficult and I just really hope i make it thru the day without feeling ill from all of the anxiety!!

Is anyone else turning into a bridezilla this close to the big day?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: OCD is turning me into a Bridezilla. (Long)

• Options
    Oh honey :( you're having a rough time, aren't you? Does your FI know how overwhelmed and panicked you're feeling?
    I just keep trying to tell myself that in ten years, little things like whether or not cocktail hour really only took an hour or if the officiant says, "Giginut you may now kiss the groom" instead of "FI, you may now kiss your bride" really won't matter.
    Like yesterday, when the lady doing my pedicure messed up and put the little flower decals on my toe in the "wrong" order. It's all just gravy.
    Not that any of that probably makes you feel any better, but it's important to remember to keep some perspective in all this wedding madness.
    I feel much the same way, though.... I just want the day to be here, I'm tired of planning and just want to enjoy the day with my new hubby. And then I want a nice quiet honeymoon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah... it's just insanity right now. I'm trying REALLY hard to keep it all in check but it's difficult!!! FI is very understanding about it even though he wasn't always. He's studied up more on my OCD issues and has gotten better in the last year :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards