August 2012 Weddings

Dealing with Age

So, I realize that I am young (I'm currently 19 but will be 20 before our date) to be planning my wedding (especially to be paying for my own wedding) but lately I have been getting comments from vendors ect. when trying to book consultations and it's getting really unprofessional. 

When I went in for my first cake tasting I was told that they were not booking for 2012 yet but that he would take my information and contact me when they were ready to book. I pulled out my ID because I had just moved and couldn't remember my new postal code and I guess he took a glance at my age or something. Suddenly he got really awkward and asked me if my parents would be giving me the money, to which I was taken a little aback but told him that my partner and I would be paying for the wedding ourselves. After some awkward questioning and finding out that my partner was almost 6 years older than me he practically shut off and told me that he didn't think his bakery was the right fit for my wedding. This in itself was upsetting but then it looks like he called around to other bakers, because I have since been shut down for three other consultations one of which actually told me "Brides like you are the reason there is divorce". 

When I told my partner this he decided that he was just going to make our cake from scratch (he is a chef), but I am worried about future issues like this. I live in Canada and was therefore legally an adult at 18.... Does anyone have any advice?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards