August 2012 Weddings

Dissappointed in BM Dresses :(

So my girl's dresses came in this week and we were so excited to see them!  Our colours are chocoate brown and bright turquoise, and we were expecting the dress to arrive in a beautiful bright turquoise but it showed up in a darker shade than we thought and looks blue :(  There is a final sale on the dresses from the store so they won't really do anything for us at all and I mean they look nice but everything else in our wedding (men's shirts, table decor, invitations etc.) is turquoise and not blue :(  Is this normal or has anyone had this happen?  I'm totally bummed about it. 

Re: Dissappointed in BM Dresses :(

• Were they chiffon versus satin? Chiffon is a very muted fabric and absorbs light compared to satin that will reflect it back. Did they provide you with a swatch book before you ordered them?
    Anniversary
  • They are a chiffon fabric dress so I'm hoping in the daylight it looks brighter.  Yes they did provide us with a swatch and that's why we were expecting a brighter colour to show up.  It's a similar colour as the swatch, just a tone-down/less bright version of the color we picked.

• That is very frustrating.  If the dresses are significantly different from the swatch, you might be able to get the store to let you reorder, as they didn't send you the product you expected.  However, if they are pretty similar, the store will likely be unwilling to change.  Just keep in mind that while it seems like a big deal now, chances are most people really won't notice or care.  My table runners arrived and the cornflower blue of the runners is a much lighter cornflower blue than the BM dresses.  I was freaking out about it, but my mom calmed me down and said that it really wouldn't matter in the grand scheme of things.
  • Can you try changing a few of the other colored items that aren't finalized to the blue of the BM dresses? That way it might seem like you were going for a spectrum, rather than that they happen to be diferrent. In any case, I agree with the other PPs who say it probably won't stand out as much as you think. Unless it's reall, really different, it will probably just seem like a natural deviation in hue saturation, since it's practically impossible to *exactly* match *everything*. People aren't going to be holding the napkins against your BMs to see if they're a perfect match
  • I agree with BT, if it is possible to switch a few non-finalized things that would probably work!!  Otherwise it probably won't stand out as much as you think, we are doing "apple red" bridesmaids dresses and trying to match everything exactly, I doubt this will happen and because of it I'm just trying to "go with the flow" if something ends up a different color!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards