August 2012 Weddings

Getting In Shape

Hi girls
I know enthusastically we all planned on losing some weight, and even had our work out website going for a while.

So I'm finally back on the bandwagon. I'm def. regretting not working harder months ago- because now I am feeling a crunch to lose the lbs!

I wanted to tell you girls I recently joined My Fitness Pal. I'm not sure if it was mentioned before, but its pretty freakin' awesome.
Not only is it free., but you type in what you eat in a day and it will tel you the exact calories. What's crazy is that on Friday I decided to type in what I would eat on a normal day- if I wasn't keeping track of what I had-- and I ate like almost 2200 calories!!  It says I should be consuming about 1400 to lose 8-10 lbs per month (my goal) and working out just 3 times a week for 30 mins.

If you bump up the work outs- then you bump your calories consumed.

It's crazy just to see that something like olive oil- that i use all day, all the time is like 700 calories for 3 tablespoons!!

It's worth checking out! www.myfitnesspal.com
www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image

Re: Getting In Shape

• bmetz34bmetz34 member
    First Comment
    I will jump back on that bandwagon with you!  I have a 5k in less than 2 months, and my boudoir shoot in Sept, so I need to get it in gear! not to mention its bathing suit season!!
    8/12 March Siggy- reception venue!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Ya summer is creeping up so fast!!
    We are going to San Diego in a month for a trip, so I'd like to drop 10 lbs before then. even if its water weight lol
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • I LOVE myfitnesspal!  while I don't usually freak out about the calorie number (nutrition is really more about getting the right balance of GOOD nutrients and vitamins), i do use it as a way to judge my habits of what i'm eating.  I use it alongside NikeTrainingClub for the workouts.

I do have to say that i'm not looking to lose weight -- just maintain tone.... but those two apps work great for me! =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards