August 2012 Weddings
Options

Freaking out a bit!

Hello ladies! 

My Fi an I just decided this past weekend to move our date from 4-13-13 to 8-31-12! I am super excited, we are actually doing so to save our poor families money!

We live in Arizona where his family is but my family is in Minnesota, we are flying my little sister out here (she's 20) and inviting his parents and siblings and our very closest friends (basically family anyway) and getting married!!

We are headed to Minnesota in December for a week and a half so it will be much easier to celebrate our marriage with my family then than have them all figure out how to get across the country, my pastor even said that we could do a mock ceremony specifcially for my family if I would like that to happen to have pictures in my home church! Anyway! I just wanted to share our story!

I am ridiculously excited and can't wait for the summer to come and be over with!!! Now I just need to find a place that will be nice enough at the end of the summer in Phoenix for everyone to come and enjoy!
Anniversary

Re: Freaking out a bit!

• Options
    Congratulations! I think the guests will be happy with any place you pick as long as there is A/C! :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    YAY!!! Aug 31st is my wedding date too!  You have a lot to do between now and Aug. Welcome aboard and happy planning.
  • Options
    unicorntreesunicorntrees member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Hooray! My family is all OOT, and they're flying here for my wedding. I don't think all of them will come, but so far many of the main people have already reserved their travel/lodging. It's very to exciting to have family from both sides present!
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome!  Good luck with all of your planning!
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!

My brother lives in Arizona, and they are flying to MN for my wedding!!  How neat that your family lives here!! :) 

My sister had her wedding on a beach in Virginia, and then they had a reception for their families from MN/ND in Fargo, ND.  That was to save us all the cost of flying to Virginia although my parents and I still went (I was the MOH, and my parents were there for obvious reasons lol), it was very intimate and they showed a video of the wedding at the reception so that our families could see the wedding!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards