August 2012 Weddings

Re: Need help!!

• okay so I had the same problem and I asked my friend to be apart of my day.....she was always a good friend and even tho we are not as close as we use to be i couldnt not imagine my big day without her....so i say ask her and also tell her how you feel
  • Hm, that's a tough call. If she was truly your best friend she wouldn't cause drama in your life. Yes, people will have their differences and your FI went out of his way to even befriend her and she still threw a hissy fit because she is probably jealous of you and your relationship with him. I'm happy that she's in a good place but true friends will never treat each other that way. 
    Ultimately, its your day and your decision. The last thing you want to worry about is fakeness and drama on YOUR special day. 
    Good luck, it's definitely a hard decision. :/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Does your FI feel comfortable with her being in the WP?  I know it's totally up to you to pick your own sides, but I wouldn't be thrilled if FI had someone stand up with him that had been rude or unkind to me repeatedly.  But if it's more that they're cordial and just not best buds, maybe that'd be fine.
    8/12 March Siggy- reception venue!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • if it was me, i'd avoid the drama and not ask her to stand up in the wedding.  i'd invite her though, and maybe invite her to the bachelorette and shower and other fun outings you have with your girls?  that way you both can feel like she's involved, but she has the option to say no at any time without 'ruining' the wedding vibe.

i did this with some of my girls who i knew were a little strapped for cash. i'd rather have them around me and happy, than trying to afford dresses/shoes/etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards