August 2012 Weddings
Options

Registry Opinion

I posted this on my local board, but I'm curious what my August girls think...

I got so many wonderful things from my shower, especially a lot of small kitchen appliances.  As I look on friends' registries I am noticing one thing missing from mine -- a food processor, small or large.  I have every other appliance possibly imaginable, but do I need a food processor?  If you use it, what do you use it for?  Do you find this can be done with other appliances?  Thanks in advance!

Re: Registry Opinion

• Options
    It's hard to say whether you would use one without knowing more about what you like to do as far as cooking/baking. Food processors can help speed up your food prep. by quickly chopping up vegetables or other items. It is good for making things like Hummus. I have a little chopper that I use once in awhile. Here is a "chowhound" thread with more info.

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/460195
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have had a very small food processor for probably three years now.  I used it once last winter when I made Oreo truffles.  Just as easily could have smashed them by hand, but it seemed easier that way!  My mom used to make chicken salad in hers.  In my opinion, I'd save the cupboard space!
  • Options
    I've never used a food processor.  I do have a small chopper I've used but Ive never missed it.  
    85image 71image 14image
  • Options
    Haha chicken salad is the only thing I can think of! I figure if I need one someday I'll just go buy it. Or maybe if I have a good registry completion incentive. Thanks!
  • Options
    I don't cook much and would never have wanted a food processor except that now I have a toddler and I realized that I want a food processor to be able to puree her vegitables and hide them in her mashed potatoes and pancakes and whatever else she actually eats. I saw that the one on my registry was purchased and I can't wait to use it to trick the munchkin into eating her veggies.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 95image Invited 66image Ready to party 21image Declined
  • Options
    We just got ours and so excited. I have been using a mini chopped from college and everytime I make our family receipe of stuffed mushrooms I have to keep taking everything out to mush together 3 more go arounds. Also, same problem when i make an easy receipe of spinach articoke dip. So more apps receipes, holiday use or having people over but its very handy at those times.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are registering for an appliance that is both a food processor and a blender, depending in the attachment you use. That could be an option to save cupboard space if you think you will only use both occasionally.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_registry-opinion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:468c09d3-a158-45e1-9bcc-9d5476643767Post:e57b217a-e891-44a8-95ee-3ea1589c47a3">Registry Opinion</a>:
    [QUOTE]I posted this on my local board, but I'm curious what my August girls think... I got so many wonderful things from my shower, especially a lot of small kitchen appliances.  As I look on friends' registries I am noticing one thing missing from mine -- a food processor, small or large.  I have every other appliance possibly imaginable, but do I need a food processor?  If you use it, what do you use it for?  Do you find this can be done with other appliances?  Thanks in advance!
    Posted by mercy4[/QUOTE]

It really depends on what you cook and how often.

It's the first thing I registered for and it looks like someone bought me one! Yay!

I'm going to use to it make dishes that I can't get out where I live (mostly from me and my fiance's cultures).

First thing I'm going to make is sofrito!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards