August 2012 Weddings
Options

head count!

Our head count deadline is August 5, so it is comig up. We haven't gottena single RSVP back from any of our bridesmaids/groomsmen! Really?? So I texted them all last night just to remind them and I got a response that was my personal favorite...

"I want chicken. I'm bringing a few friends, also. We all want chicken"

This from one of my bridesmaids. Wait a minute, WHAT? How many is a few? Who are all of these people? My response? "We are trying to keep everyone down to only one date." I felt weird even having to say that statement.

We invited 245 and only heard back from about 100, is this normal?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image253 Invited
image123 Accepted
image53 Declined
image99 Leavin' Me hangin
RSVP Date: August 5, 2012

Re: head count!

• Options
    Sadly, yes it's normal.  We're missing close to 75 people out of a 212 invitation.  I do know whether most of those are coming or not, but we didn't get their RSVP.

We also had people add people - sometimes we could accomodate, sometimes we couldn't.  I just don't think people get it that an RSVP is necessary, and that this isn't a housewarming party in the backyard where you can bring along your cousin and her boyfriend who happen to be visiting that weekend.

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_head-count?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:48cfb134-63bd-4eae-ae81-cd7390a705c5Post:f0684f42-9a33-46f6-aeb9-4c8f6b1480b0">Re: head count!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sadly, yes it's normal.  We're missing close to 75 people out of a 212 invitation.  I do know whether most of those are coming or not, but we didn't get their RSVP. We also had people add people - sometimes we could accomodate, sometimes we couldn't. <strong> I just don't think people get it that an RSVP is necessary, and that this isn't a housewarming party in the backyard where you can bring along your cousin and her boyfriend who happen to be visiting that weekend.</strong>
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

Exactly this.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image253 Invited
    image123 Accepted
    image53 Declined
    image99 Leavin' Me hangin
    RSVP Date: August 5, 2012
  • Options
    I agree that it's normal when our RSVP date came we had 105 people who hadn't rsvp'd and the majority of our wedding party hadn't rsvp'd yet either. We just had to make calls to get it taken care of. :/
  • Options
    Yeh, I totally feel like the RSVP cards were a complete waste of money, time and stamps! Out of the 80+ invites, as of the RSVP date of 7/20, we got 14 cards back!  Most of the people my Mom and I contacted through FB or by text said yes they were coming. 4 people were insistant that they had mailed it but hmm..Mom never got them!  Our head count keeps jumping around and personally, I am so tired of having to track people down..Some of these people are my family, cousins, friends, etc.  We went from a guest list of 45 to about 103 in 1 week..just through FB and texts!
    Cheryl (25) Andy (24) Newlyweds as of 8-17-12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker pregnancy week by week
  • Options
    People are crazy.  A business associate I spoke to two weeks ago said he was dropping it off in the mail, then when my secretary called him today, he said he'd bring it in tomorrow when he dropped off the insurance renewals.  Wait, what?  Did my July 23 RSVP Deadline not mean anything to you?

My groomsmen & bridesmaids were slow, and some still haven't responded to numerous emails, texts & voicemails.  One of them I know needs a special meal, and my venue needs to know exactly what prior to, so that she can actually eat something!

Group hug for all of us, and hope they realize they wasted our postage & ruffled our feathers :(
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards