August 2012 Weddings
Options

Need to have a poor pitty me party

I got so rapped up in the excitement of the wedding and planning that I forgot one crucial thing... my leg.
A little background.
When I was 16 years old, something happened to my leg that we still don't know exactly what happened. It is swollend from the knee down. It used to hurt soo bad that I walked with a limp. I don't know if I got used to it or it went away. I walk normally now. If I'm wearing pants you can't tell there is anything wrong. Unless, I'm having pains. I have been to soo many doctors to try to find out what is wrong. I always hear the same thing. "I don't know."

Well, here's my pity me party. Because of the swelling, I can not wear heels or sandals. because of where the toe section usually stops it cuts into my foot. Also because of the added weight in my leg, I have developed arthritis in my knees. So I can't stand for long periods of time. I'm so worried that this will ruin my special day.

End pity me party

Re: Need to have a poor pitty me party

• Options
    colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    Awe it wont ruin your special day. Everthing will still turn out gorgeous and I am sure you will still look beautiful!!
  • Options
    Don't let that ruin your wedding- it's only shoes!  There are much bigger things to think about.  Keep the ceremony short and wear shoes that are comfortable.  No one is gonna judge you for your shoes, I promise <3
  • Options
    You could even have a chair on hand and let your MOH know that if you give her "the look" it means that she should grab the chair so you can sit. That happened at a wedding I attended where the bride was feeling faint. She sat in the chair through most of the ceremony.
  • Options
    That is what I might have to do is sit through part of the ceremony because I can't stand for very long
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards