August 2012 Weddings

Reception Help

So the wedding is about 5 months away and I am freaking out.  I thought I was doing great, but just this weekend went to tasting at my reception hall.  The food was awful, my fiance wants me to ask for the deposit back and wants us to go somewhere else.  I agree the food was tatseless but I work 2 jobs and am planning this wedding with some help for my sister.  I dont think I have it in me to start over for a reception hall.  Help! Is there anything I can say or do at this point?  I really want to make this work.

Re: Reception Help

• I assume there is no option to bring food in and renegotiate the contract?  Otherwise, I would face the music and go back to the drawing board.  It stinks but happy guests are a good thing.
    Anniversary
  • I'm sorry you're having to go through this! If it were me, if the food sucked, I would choose a different place. I'd rather have good food at my wedding and go through some stress than have bad food. I do agree with PP to check to see if you can hire a caterer and bring your own food, but if thats not possible, I would look for another place.

Sorry, again, and good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image230 Invited
    image180Accepted
    image50 Declined
    image0 Undecided
    RSVP Date: July 25, 2012
  • I'm sorry that this happened.  I agree with PPs - if possible, I would look for a new venue.  It will be a lot of work, but I think it will be worth it in the end for the happiness of your guests and your own piece of mind.  However, if this isn't possible for you to do, just keep in mind that the guests are there to celebrate your marriage, not for a free meal, and so-so isn't the end of the world.  Your wedding will still be special and beautiful!
  • michele090- I thought about this post last night, and wondered what I would do in your situation, and wanted to come back and say exactly what the PP said. Remember, if you can't or don't want to look for a new place, everyone is there to celebrate your marriage. Even if the food isn't 5 star, whats important is the love and commitment that you and FI are making. If you don't want to look for a new place at such short notice, I think everyone will still love your wedding. Don't stress!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image230 Invited
    image180Accepted
    image50 Declined
    image0 Undecided
    RSVP Date: July 25, 2012
  • I agree with PPs, if it is possible to bring in your own catered food do that, but also I agree with the 2 PPs above me that everyone will still love your wedding even if the food isn't perfect. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards