August 2012 Weddings
Options

Hello Aug. ladies - can I join you?

We are getting married in 21 days (8/28/2012), and we just got our wedding date today!

Re: Hello Aug. ladies - can I join you?

• Options
    Congrats!!  And yikes :)  I'm getting married on the 18th.  Do you have much planned at this point?
    85image 71image 14image
  • Options
    Welcome!

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats! How is your planning going so far?
  • Options
    Welcome and Congrats!
  • Options
    ginadogginadog member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Well, luckily I don't have to do much wedding planning!  We booked an elopement package up near Banff, Canada at this little lodge.

It comes with 2 nights lodging, cake, bouquet, bout, champagne, officiant, 3 course wedding dinner, breakfasts and someone to coordinate it all for you.

I already found my photographer last week, signed the contract today.  I know where to get my hair done too, will book them tomorrow.

Stuff before we leave: get FI a ring, pick out my shoes and get my dress taken in (not required as I think it fits as is).

We've been making up a game plan before we had the actual date.  Book a few other hotels/campgrounds for the rest of the nights!
  • Options
    You're one day after me. Yay for a weekday wedding! The pictures look beautiful. Welcome!
  • Options
    I visited Banff a couple years ago with FI and it was amazingly beautiful!  What a wonderful destination to choose for an elopement!  At this point, there are probably many brides on this board wishing they had done an elopement!  It sounds like you have it all together just as much as the rest of us. Congrats!
  • Options
    ginadogginadog member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2012
    I actually had a 75 guest wedding planned for 7/14/2012 which was to be in Grand Teton National Park.  Both of our families live far away, so if they are flying to see us might as well have it some where cool andJackson has something for everyone. 

Then my dad was given a few months to live after his long battle with cancer, and the wedding was in the middle.  We cancelled the wedding and he passed away 6/1/2012.  I am glad we cancelled for other reasons too, because there was a lot of drama from my side that just made it all very hard to deal with.

Seriously, our ideas have taken us to 3 different countries, 5 different states, trying to figure out who to accomdate and what do we want and how to do both, so I'm ready for someone to just plan it all for me now!

MrsNaut0812 - you're a weekday wedding too?  Do tell!
  • Options
    That sounds wonderful, Gina! Those pictures are absolutely gorgeous, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful wedding. Welcome!
  • Options
    I am sorry to hear about your dad.
    It sounds like you will have a beautiful, peaceful and relaxing wedding. I am rethinking my whole shindig now! :) I am sure it will be perfect! Welcome to the board and congrats!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image253 Invited
    image123 Accepted
    image53 Declined
    image99 Leavin' Me hangin
    RSVP Date: August 5, 2012
  • Options
    Come on in, the water's fine! :) I think you'll find us August brides are all ridiculously nice haha :D
    On a more somber note, I'm sorry to hear about your dad and all the drama and such. Nobody wants to plan a wedding when all that stress is bringing everything down.
    So glad you finally have a chance to marry your sweetheard. I'll keep my fingers crossed that nothing else pops up and you get everything done by the time the 28th rolls around! (Although it sounds like you've got pretty much everything covered.)
    Congratulations on finding such a gorgeous venue, btw!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome! So exciting that you don't have much planning to do. :)
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome. We are almost there!!!
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards