August 2012 Weddings

Thursday Lunchtime Suprise

A much needed surprise happened to me today at work and now I'm wondering when I became such a sap? LOL

My office threw me a surprise shower and I am so overwhelmed and stressed out with my current workload it went right over my head when we all were pulled into the conference room for a quick meeting. There were pink decorations everywhere and a sign that said Best Wishes with bells and wedding dresses. My office director ordered a ton of food, and even thought I've been trying to stay strict to my diet I had a small salad and some mostacholi  just to not hurt and feelings.

Some co-workers chipped in or brought gifts which made me feel incredibly guilty so I am going to hand write everyone a thankyou because they went out of their way for me. Our guest list had gotten so large I decided to do the "all or nothing" policy, so I am not inviting anyone from my work.

I really needed today, but I'm so stressed and tired from work I started crying and my co-workers were laughing trying to get me to relax and enjoy an hour of free time. I have been working well into the night and every weekend (70+ hour weeks) with a 2 hour commute each day and the stress is really starting to play a toll on me. I have lost 3 pounds since Sunday since being too anxious to care to eat anything. My fiance keeps telling me no more nights as he is worried I'm going to get sick before the wedding from only getting 3 hours of sleep a night. Well that is my story/ rant for the day. Some good and some meh news continues.

Happy almost wedding planning to everyone!
Anniversary

Re: Thursday Lunchtime Suprise

• edited August 2012
    Aww that is a sweet surprise!!  Glad your coworkers did something so special for you :)

Also, I agree with your FI, you need to sleep (and eat) to stay healthy for your wedding! Good luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Definitely listen to him!  Sleep and food are vital!
  • Aw, that's so awesome!  I hope you get some sleep and r&r soon!

My office did one on Monday - I sent an email thank you, which now makes me feel guilty, but I'm bringing in breakfast for them tomorrow as a surprise so I hope that helps...hmm...
    Anniversary
  • That's so awesome of your office to do that!
    When you have some time, write them  thank you notes and bring a thank you cake? or donuts.  I'm pulling crazy hours too, so I know how you feel! In my case work distracts from wedding worries! HA! I hope it gets slower for you soon so you can enjoy the summer!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards