Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

House Party - Did you have any?

How many, what did you give them for responsibilities, etc?I have three ladies that I didn't include as bridesmaids, but would like to include somehow. I'm going to be asking one to be a reader...what else can I do?

Re: House Party - Did you have any?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had four. However, we had a dessert buffet and they were the servers. Two of those girls also had people sign the guest book and passed out programs. I know it's not glamorous, but they all told me they wanted to help in some way.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll be having 3.  They are all pretty much in the family (my cousin's wife, my FI's sister and FI' brother's girlfriend), and they will be in charge of passing out the programs, signing the guestbook (if we have a book) and making sure guests get bubbles for the send off.
  • Options
    TCUESW1999TCUESW1999 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have 3. They are readers, are passing out programs, helping with the gift table, guest sign in book and candy bar and I am SO grateful for them because they have been a huge help for me. I wanted to include them as much as possible and they are included for the rehearsal dinner as well as getting ready for the wedding, etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had two members in my house party that I treated pretty much equal to BMs. One of them was a reader and the other passed out the programs at the receptions. The same girl also made sure everyone knew to sign the poster at our reception site when they arrived.
  • Options
    amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having 2 who will be doing much the same as pp (programs, turn the pages of the guest book when necessary, etc.), but also passing out reception direction cards (for those who forgot theirs from the invitation) after the ceremony.
    photo images_zps41edd072.jpg

Carter born 5/28/11
    BFP 9/27/12 EDD 6/11/13, MC 9wks, no HB

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards