August 2012 Weddings

Reception venue freak out

My FI and I found the place where we want to host our wedding reception.  Three weeks ago, the site "penciled us in" for Aug 11 or 18, 2012 so we could confirm the church, photographer and dj.  Well...the DJ is full and the church is booked on the 18th so now the chruch, photographer and dj are all booked and confirmed for the 11th. 

Anyway, I have sent three emails and left a message every day for the last three weeks at the reception venue asking if they have sent out the contracts or if I need to take off of work to drive over there to fill them out and pay the deposit.  I told them we set on the 11th and which room we wanted.  Guess what...no response.  NOTHING!  Today I started calling around to other locations and the 11th is already booked!  I am in total freak out mode right now.

Re: Reception venue freak out

• Yikes!! Are you able to go to the location? Or, have you tried having someone else call just to see if they answer? See if they return phone calls or answer for someone else with a different question or inquiring bride. 
  • I agree with meglorraine29's posts to go to the location, or have someone else call to see if they answer/reply to another bride or questioner!!  Good luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • No advice really just wanted to say good luck, reading your post I got pissed like it was happening to me.... I agree with what meglorraine had to say though about you not wanting to be blown off the entire process. You dont need the extra stress! If this venue doesn't work out I hope you find something else soon!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards