August 2012 Weddings

When are you getting waxed. etc?

When are you planning on getting you eyebrows done? I was thinking about getting it done like the monday or tuesday before the wedding.. I am always red for at least a day after, because i have such fair skin. I was just wondering what everyone elses plan was.
Also, when are you getting your nails done? I think ill get my nails done the thursday before. (im getting married on friday) I really dont want them to chip, maybe ill get the gel kind? Has anyone got that? is anyone getting acrillic? I was thinking about it but I used to have acrillic for years and years and its such a p.i.t.a to keep up with!
Thanks girls!

Re: When are you getting waxed. etc?

• I'm not getting my eyebrows waxed, so I'm not too helpful with that.  I am getting a manicure and pedicure the day before.  For the manicure, I would really recommend paying the few extra dollars to get the gel kind.  I've gotten regular manicures that have chipped in less than a day before, but the gel ones stay looking nice for a couple of weeks.  It is really hard on your nails (they take a Dremmel sander to remove the gel polish at my salon), but if you only do it once and while, it is fine.
  • I get the gel nails and I looooooove them. They last so long! The color selection isn't as extensive, but I'm going for a neutral color so that's okay. I'm getting mine re-done the Wednesday before the wedding (Saturday wedding). If I chip them (which is unlikely) I'll pop in to get them touched up.
  • Tues - Nails & Hair (I'm getting a french mani, and I'll do self touch-ups as needed)
    Wed - Spray Tan
    Thur - RD
    Fri - WEDDING =)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm going to the spa on thurs getting mani/pedi, spray tan and eyebrows done. Wedding is Saturday. I wanted to go with my mom and baby sis. My Sis flies in on wed so thurs worked best and I don't get very red.
    85image 71image 14image
  • Friday wedding, doing eyebrows before I go (I don't want to experiment with anyone new and we're having a DW) - so I'll have to do touch up on Thursday.  I'm doing my nails on Wednesday (a shellac) so they'll stay nice through the honeymoon. 

Ladies, please just remember that if you are doing a UV treatment, like a shellac, to put some spf on your hands beforehand!
    Anniversary
  • I am getting my pedi with FI this Saturday (the only day I could get a double appointment), probably get my eyebrows done too if they have someone available to do it.  I booked my nail appointment for Thursday before we go to set up the hall and the RD.  And I am trying to decide if I want to do the spray tan.  Photographer told me to try to stay out of the sun as much as possible as I have an olive complexion and FI is very fair and together in the photos he turns beat red.  But I have a "farmer's tan" and want to even things out. 
    image 141 Are ready to party!
    weddingcountdown.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Is it weird that I'm not doing any of this prep stuff? LOL

I tweeze my own eyebrows, so yeah I'll do those the day before the wedding. I'm doing my nails Thursday morning (I do them myself using Kiss glue on french manicures in Real Short style, people ALWAYS compliment me on them, they hold up great for a solid week and it only takes about 15 minutes to do them and they cost $7 for 2 full sets ). I'll shave my legs thursday morning too. 

I don't go tanning, I have a decent tan now but i have some tan lines, so I'm going to use some self tanning stuff (Jergens Natural Glow) to try to lighten up the lines this weekend. 

Andddd I'm getting my hair done at 9am the morning of my wedding.  :D
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited July 2012
    I just had my eyebrows waxed so I am trying to keep up with the stray hairs, I may end up getting it done the Tues or Wed before.

I have a bang trim the Wed before the wedding and then we are doing Manicures/Pedicures on Friday afternoon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mrsR12mrsR12 member
    First Comment
    i'm thinking mani and pedi that friday and eyebrows that thurs for my sat wedding.  i too get the redness around my brows
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_when-are-you-getting-waxed-etc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:60822392-8439-41c3-b177-f20e45080c15Post:6c9882c5-b70f-4a38-a09b-2a60fcc3dea3">Re: When are you getting waxed. etc?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tues - Nails & Hair (I'm getting a french mani, and I'll do self touch-ups as needed) Wed - Spray Tan Thur - RD Fri - WEDDING =)
    Posted by lb1212[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Your getting your hair done Tuesday and you wedding is Friday..... how is your hair gonna last until FRIDAY? </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_when-are-you-getting-waxed-etc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:60822392-8439-41c3-b177-f20e45080c15Post:d4affa9a-4098-4a06-a9cd-d94c99a33f36">Re: When are you getting waxed. etc?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: When are you getting waxed. etc? : Your getting your hair done Tuesday and you wedding is Friday..... how is your hair gonna last until FRIDAY? 
    Posted by aishaameena[/QUOTE]

<div>I think she means getting her hair trimmed, not the actual wedding style, but I could be wrong.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards