August 2012 Weddings

not sure how to wear my hair/can not find shoes!!

So i had a dress and the other day i returned it and got a new dress! But now im not sure how to wear my hair, its one shoulder dress. My hair is like medium lengthen and pretty thick if that matters. Im not sure if i have to wear my hair up or too one side? I was planning on having like loose curls and a waterfall braid before....
any suggestions?
I also cant find shoes that i like for this dress (or the one before) I want something with a low heal because we are getting married on the beach and I wont wear shoes on the beach. So i dont want my dress to be too long you know.
What do you thinkg!?

heres a pic of the dress!

Re: not sure how to wear my hair/can not find shoes!!

• What about an embelished/ beaded sandle or flip flop? I found beaded wedge sandles at kohl's several months ago that i love since we are having an outdoor backyard reception.

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/zbrandskiosk/shoesforwomen/sonoma/PRD~972924/SONOMA+life+++style+Abalone+Medallion+Wedge+FlipFlops.jsp

I bought the white one's for me and the navy blue one's for my bridesmaids.

In regards to your hair, I found a ton of low/ loose updo's on pinterest. I don't like the side ponytail idea because if you are photographed from the other side, it looks like you have no hair. :)
    Are you on pinterest? Private message me if you need an invite.

Good luck!

Anniversary
  • I do like the one sided styles with loose curls.  I think a waterfall braid would look good in that dress, especially on a beach.  That being said, I might caution against the braid because it may look dated in your wedding pictures with the waterfall braids being pretty trendy right now.  However, if it matches the feel of your wedding--stick with it!  I do love the look.  Good luck and yes, Kohl's has a good selection of embellished wedges/sandals. 
  • Unfortunately, I don't really have any hair/shoe advice--I still don't know what I'm doing with my own hair! I just wanted to tell you that your dress is BEAUTIFUL. I definitely would have tried that dress had it been available/I had seen it back in January. I love it!
  • id012id012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_not-sure-how-to-wear-my-haircan-not-find-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:63899cef-3d45-4264-b888-b7065cf1271ePost:b42ca916-321c-4bed-bcc1-57e1e8730fa4">Re: not sure how to wear my hair/can not find shoes!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Unfortunately, I don't really have any hair/shoe advice--I still don't know what I'm doing with my own hair! I just wanted to tell you that your dress is BEAUTIFUL. I definitely would have tried that dress had it been available/I had seen it back in January. I love it!
    Posted by dsquared28[/QUOTE]<div>Thank you so much! that means a lot, I feel like I can't pick a dress and stay with it because im afraid im going to regret it or everyone is going to think its ugly or something!

</div>
  • id012id012 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_not-sure-how-to-wear-my-haircan-not-find-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:63899cef-3d45-4264-b888-b7065cf1271ePost:b98e1235-6aaa-4dc4-946a-4b1647d9fb05">Re: not sure how to wear my hair/can not find shoes!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I do like the one sided styles with loose curls.  I think a waterfall braid would look good in that dress, especially on a beach.  That being said, I might caution against the braid because it may look dated in your wedding pictures with the waterfall braids being pretty trendy right now.  However, if it matches the feel of your wedding--stick with it!  I do love the look.  Good luck and yes, Kohl's has a good selection of embellished wedges/sandals. 
    Posted by LibbyC730[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks so  much for the advice! Im not to concerned with looking back in 30 years and thinking i picked the wrong hair style lol. I mean, everything is a trend. Im sure we will all look back and think "what the heck was i thinking" about something.</div><div>
    </div>
  • id012id012 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_not-sure-how-to-wear-my-haircan-not-find-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:63899cef-3d45-4264-b888-b7065cf1271ePost:c39a1238-296b-4bbc-90e1-5052fd919d7f">Re: not sure how to wear my hair/can not find shoes!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What about an embelished/ beaded sandle or flip flop? I found beaded wedge sandles at kohl's several months ago that i love since we are having an outdoor backyard reception. <a href="http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/zbrandskiosk/shoesforwomen/sonoma/PRD~972924/SONOMA+life+++style+Abalone+Medallion+Wedge+FlipFlops.jsp" rel="nofollow">http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/zbrandskiosk/shoesforwomen/sonoma/PRD~972924/SONOMA+life+++style+Abalone+Medallion+Wedge+FlipFlops.jsp</a> I bought the white one's for me and the navy blue one's for my bridesmaids. In regards to your hair, I found a ton of low/ loose updo's on pinterest. I don't like the side ponytail idea because if you are photographed from the other side, it looks like you have no hair. :) Are you on pinterest? Private message me if you need an invite. Good luck!
    Posted by KT020803[/QUOTE]
    Thank you!! I do have a pinterest and its the devil! lol
  • RECNMBRECNMB member
    First Comment
    Have you tried zappos.com? Free shipping both ways and it's pretty fast. You could a buy a few styles and try them on with the dress and return the ones you don't like. Infact, I think you have up to a year to return them, so you could keep them all until you wedding day and choose that day! I agree with maybe a wedge is you want a little hight but are on the beach.

How about these styles? 

I'm still looking for the perfect shoes for an after-party. I think I'll buy a few from zappos to try myself... I guess we've got nothing to lose!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards