August 2012 Weddings

Hand Prayer (a little long)

The big day for me is a mere 4 days away and I'm feeling more mushy than usual. I saw this beautiful poem that I was hoping to fit into my program, but it's too long! I thought I would share it with you!  Happy Weddings!

HAND PRAYER
Grooms Please take your bride's hands in yours with the palms up and look at them.
These are the hands that will hold yours, as she pledges her love to you and accepts your ring.
These are the hands that are smooth, young and carefree now, but will become lined and rougher in the years ahead from all the hard work of making your house a home.
These are the hands that, God willing, will hold you in joy and excitement, when she says you are going to have a child, that together you have created new life.
These are the hands that will hold each child in tender love, soothing them through illness, praying for them, and wringing them in worry, when trouble comes.
These are the hands that through the years will caress you in the passion of love.
These are the hands that will hold yours as you explore the wonders of the world together.
These are the hands that will tenderly hold your face and wipe tears from your eyes, in wonder and awe that you would cry for her.

Brides Please take your groom' s hands in yours with the palms up and look at them.
These are the hands, young, strong and vibrant with love that will hold yours on this day as he promises to love you all the days of his life.
These are the hands that, God willing, you will place with expectant joy beneath your heart one day until he, too, feels his child stir within your womb.
These are the hands that look so large and clumsy now, yet will be so gentle, when he holds your baby for the first time.
These are the bands that will work long hours and will get nicked and bruised from fixing things around the house to make you more comfortable.
These are the hands that will caress you throughout the years to make the passion of love come alive.
These are the hands that will wipe tears from your eyes, tears of sorrow and tears of joy.
These are the hands that will comfort you in illness and hold you, when fear or grief racks your mind.
These are the hands that will tenderly lift your chin and brush your cheek as they raise your face to look into his eyes, eyes that will be filled completely with his overwhelming love and desire for you.

PLEASE TAKE EACH OTHER'S HANDS:
These are the hands of the Sacrament of Matrimony.
These four hands are your armor and shield against the toils of the world.
These four hands are part of God's plan for renewing His church.
These hands can reach out to the lonely and discouraged, bring hope to the destitute in mind and body, heal the abused and hurting children of the world, and teach your friends the wonders of married love.
These hands are the hope of a troubled humanity, for these are the hands that can change the world.
God Bless These Hands
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Hand Prayer (a little long)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards