Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Airbrush Makeup or Not?

Hey Girls,For those of you who decided to use a professional MUA, did you go airbrush or just regular foundation?  What made you decide one way or the other?Thanks in advance!
D&M Bio
Now with vendor reviews!
Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Airbrush Makeup or Not?

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have tried both.  I did airbrush for my E-pics and regular for my trial.  I decided to go with the airbrush for the wedding.  It's a more natural look and the airbrush makeup I got for my E-pics lasted all night, even after being outside in the May humidity for 2 hours.  I looked at pictures of my trial and just didn't like the look as much--granted they weren't professional pictures but I love my E-pics and how my makeup looks in them.  PIB.
  • Options
    bat_02bat_02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been thinking about this too. I've heard wonderful things about airbrush makeup, but i have very oily skin and i never wear foundation because after a couple hours my skin looks terrible. I always just wear powder. Has anyone with oily skin tried it?
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had it done when I was in a wedding last summer. I loved it - everyone looked great, and it lasted all day. My skin is fairly oily, and it did just fine. I don't think I ever even touched up with powder, and it still looked good after dancing!
  • Options
    almoyoalmoyo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kelly from Haute Facade did my makeup last week for the TTD shoot, and it looked awesome (not airbrush). Everything but the mascara (don't ask me why it wasn't waterproof) stayed in place even after we were submerged in a lake.
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    bat_02, I also have oily skin (well, more like T-zone combination skin which is even trickier), that's the reason why I'm considering airbrush in place of regular because from what I've read it's lighter weight and for girls with oily skin, will feel lighter than regular makeup.But I wanted to get opinions from girls on this board who've done it and see if they felt it was worth it.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did airbrush makeup. We were exhausted after the wedding & I fell asleep with my makeup still on. When we woke up the next morning to go the airport - my makeup still looked fresh and perfect! It was crazy. Long story short -- I COMPLETELY recommend airbrush. It stays in place and your skin looks flawless.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    any idea how much it costs to get airbrushed?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The girl who does my hair does airbrush make-up for the Miss Texas Pageants so she owns her own airbrush machine. I paid her hourly to do my hair & make up as well as my bridesmaids hair. So I'm not sure what she would charge just for make up. If you want, I can give you her number -- you could call & ask her?
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey, cdcook, can you email me her info?  mikeanddonna at gmx dot com.   Thanks!
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Donna - YGM
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The other great thing about airbrush is they can contour, shadow, match your decollete, etc.  My MUA charges $25 more for airbrush.
  • Options
    aphitxaphitx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am doing airbrush-- I have combo skin and this stuff stays on ALL DAY!!!  I wish I could be airbrushed everyday.  :-)My bridesmaid is a make-up artist and is doing my make-up. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did airbrush for my bridals and I LOVED it! I have very very oily skin and it was great. I did touch up with Bare Minerals Mineral Veil powder a couple of times during the 4 hour shoot. My lady charges 50 bucks to do airbrush.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    cdcook could you send me her info as well, sameeratx at yahoo.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just did regular because I didn't do that much hunting around for a makeup artist. I was completely satisfied - even the non pro pics taken at our after party looked great (and I have a fairly red face without it, and the makeup totally covered that and stayed put). My MUA used only Mac products, so as a pseudo trial you could go to a deparment store counter and tell them the situation and that you want to see how their products last and feel after wearing them all day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards