August 2012 Weddings
Options

Half NAV, half vent- invitations

The NAV part: I sent the first round of invitations this morning!! Our oot invites. It feels so good but so weird!

The vent part: At the post office I asked for hand cancelling because we have a rhinestone on each invitation that sticks out a little bit. He had to check if they could hand cancel, and he said that they don't do that anymore, and that it'll end up going through machines even after being hand cancelled. And said that it would be a 20 (either cent or percent, i don't remember) markup to do hand cancel anyway. Then he said that he would have told me to not use rhinestones on the invites in the first place. This is all fine and dandy, though I'm a bit annoyed that the post office apparently doesn't offer hand cancelling anymore, but the guy who helped me regarded me like I had two heads, 1) for asking for hand cancelling and 2) for putting rhinestones on my invites. Now I'm worried about how my invitations are going to show up at people's houses :(
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Half NAV, half vent- invitations

• Options
    I got an invite to a bridal shower that had a jewel in the center of a flower.  There was a tiny hole in the envelope where the jewel was on the invite, but the jewel remained intact.  So I'm guessing your envelope may tear a little, but hopefully your rhinestone stays in place.

Sorry that the post office guy treated you so poorly, and that they didn't tell you up front that they no longer offered hand cancelling. 

On the bright side, congrats on getting your invites out! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bridejlbridejl member
    First Comment
    Thanks Sara! In hindsight it's not a huge vent or a huge problem, but I felt annoyed at the time. O well, I guess as long as people get their invites, that's what counts...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    You're welcome, and I don't blame you for being annoyed.  I would have been annoyed too. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards