August 2012 Weddings
Options

how many times have you meet with your reception venue?

The wedding cordinator told me I need to make an appointment soon (i think june) when I have decided on details and whatnot, so we can talk.
She failed to tell me what kind of details. I know the food choices are in there, but im not sure what else. 
I thought i had more time to decided on things!
 So how many more times are you planning on meeting with your reception venue?
And also, how many meetings do you plan with your photographer?
We have a meeting with him tomorrow, our 1st meeting tomorrow and im 99.9% sure that i am goinng to book.

Re: how many times have you meet with your reception venue?

• Options
    i have met once in person with and had perhaps 5 emails to my venue asking questions.  The things I found I needed to work out with the venu

food
    table arrangments...how many tables and how many people at each
    drinks/alochol....what will you provide, how much is the cost..etc
    linens...do they provide the right colors?  if not, can you rent them and have them brought in?
    center peices...example...they are currently NOT booked for the night before my wedding, so I will be able to go in and set the tables up the way I want (centerpeices etc).  If they happen to get booked, they will do all the set up the morning of, I just need to tell them what I want

I hope that helps =D
  • Options

We've met with them once and traded a couple of emails.  Our venue provides linens, tables, and centerpieces so part of the planning was to decide on colors and things like that.   During the meeting we also discussed whether we wanted assigned seating or open seating, when any decor and favors need to be provided, how guests will be arriving, when we will be arriving.

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I've met with mine once, then back and forth with emails. I'm using their catering and rentals, so I've set up meetings with them in July before the wedding. I figured it will be fresh in their mind and I'll know exactly what I want, with little time to change my mind!
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just one time! The evening we went to check out the place and what they had to offer...We booked that evening and my Mom put the 500 deposit down..we have called there a few times with questions on different things.  We will be going back in July to pick out the centerpieces, chair sashes and the food, then I guess the night before when we have our rehearsal
    Cheryl (25) Andy (24) Newlyweds as of 8-17-12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker pregnancy week by week
  • Options
    We have met with our venue twice so far: once to book the venue and once for our food tasting.  We've also exchanged a few e-mails.  About a month ahead of time, we will have another meeting where we hash out all of the details of the day.  At that meeting, we will fill in this 5 page packet that goes over ALL of the details of the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception (all three are at the same venue).  Your venue will likely have a form like this that they will fill out with you as well.  Ours includes questions about food and cake, other vendors we are working with, a timeline, materials we need them to provide, and any special instructions we have.

We have only met with our photographer once.  We will meet with him again to do engagement pictures, but pretty much all of our communication with him has been over e-mail and the phone.
  • Options
    I went once when we were looking and once to book the venue.  We were invited to a wedding at there last year shortly after we booked, so we got to see the space filled up!  They also hosted a tasting in February where they supplied a 4 entree buffet, appetizers, and an open bar.  They had one of the more creative florists in town design all the centerpieces for the event. 
    I've also emailed back and forth several times to confirm the block rooms, timelines, seating arrangements, etc.  We will meet with them again the first week of August to finalize numbers and set up the Thursday before the wedding!

Our photographer only wants one meeting a month before the wedding to talk about must have shots and times.  She also does a free engagement session which I think we'll be skipping just because it's a free session, but prints or print releases are all extra.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I've met with the reception venue twice, but visited about three other times just to look things over and get ideas. The first time was to view the space, prior to putting down the deposit, and the second was to sample dinner options. We will need to meet one more time around August 1st to finalize the head count and decide how we want the room set up. Mostly we've communicated by email to get some of the details figured out.
  • Options
    I have met with my reception venue twice, both times with different people who gave us different quotes (the 2nd person noted his quote on the calendar by our names).  They do not require a deposit (very small town).  I plan to meet at least 1 or 2 more times, and we can decorate the night before (after burger night is over, small town but I love it)!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards