August 2012 Weddings

Is it just me...?

I have a lot of friends getting married within the next year or so.  And I can't help but notice that these girls are obviously NOT on TK and don't consult anyone about invitation etiquette...

For example, I just got another invitation in the mail today.  The outside has address labels with the bride's address AND our address.  Okay whatever.  Open it up, there is an inner envelope (which even I don't plan on having- waste of money IMHO).  There's nothing written on it though.  So I pull out the actual invitation, and the first insert  tells where the couple is registered.  My eyes almost popped out of my head.  Fi rolled his eyes that I made a big deal out of it.  So I fill out the RSVP, go to put it in the mail, and notice there's no stamp.  For once in my life I actually do have one (I never do), but I was kind of annoyed at the oversight.

It was all just too much, but Chris didn't get it.  I came here because I know you girls might understand haha

Re: Is it just me...?

• No stamp!? It's a little odd that they wasted the money on having the extra envelope but not postage. 

Also, I'm with you on the registry in the invitation thing...tacky.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The no stamp is def bizarre!! I feel like most people know about that. I've heard mixed reviews on the registry (personally, we will NOT have that included) but I've seen arguments go both ways. I've obsessed about the fact that we're not having an inner envelope - we're doing pocketfolds so it kind of acts as inner envelope (or at least I've convinced myself it does) so we're writing names on that. We have a few weddings to go to this summer. So far we've only gotten STDs. I'm interested to see invites though ... I have a feeling I'll have a similar experience!
    August 2012 Challenge - Dream Pet: Miniature Goldendoodle
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Its not just you
    Maybe you will remember the "issue"  I had in snarky brides..when i wrote baout the poor invititation etiquette that people had.

Most of our invites came to "TJ AND JEN" or "fiances first and last name" only and I wasnt invited, even though we have been engaged for almost a year and have lived together for 2 1/2.

Then I SENT a gift to a bride and signed it Love, Tyler and Jen" and they sent a THANK YOU CARD to just my fiance!! I was like "do they not get it"

I also just recieved an invitation Saturday for a long distance wedding in 3 weeks (I think I mentioned before how we hadnt yet received an invite, uit that was about 9 weeks out)... yes we finally got it.

Finally, my friend is getting married in a DW in Sept, she didnt want to pay for STDS so shes sending invites early. She called me in tears- she didint know she was supposed to write ANYTHING on the inside envelopes and her mom made her open all the outer envelopes she spent 3 days addresses and write them out, then she went and glued the outer envelopes closed.

I also don't get tis one: We got two invites that don't have a return address at all. We can't go to the wedding and want to just send a gift. but have NO IDEA where to send it to.
    I have emailed one of the brides (her email was on it as an rsvp (no rsvp card) to save money i guess-- and I have emailed her 3 times asking for her address and wehre to send a gift- and she HASNT replied. Their wedding was 4 months ago)
    I'm tempted not to send a gift at all.
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • i2012doi2012do member
    Also- I know i am rambling. but just because you have a CUTE poem doesnt mean you can write that you want cash as a gift

Here are two we had "due to out of state residence, the couple has chosen not to register but will accept cash, bonds, or checks"

the second one said
    "We hope you can be there to enjoy our day! A little bit of Ca$h will surely help us on our way :)"
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_just?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:73181451-de44-4218-a3fc-463497703234Post:011680f4-ad40-4176-b0cc-a513ff196706">Re: Is it just me...?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also- I know i am rambling. but just because you have a CUTE poem doesnt mean you can write that you want cash as a gift Here are two we had "due to out of state residence, the couple has chosen not to register but will accept cash, bonds, or checks" the second one said<strong> "We hope you can be there to enjoy our day! A little bit of Ca$h will surely help us on our way :)"</strong>
    Posted by i2012do[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>LOL are you kidding me?!?!?? tacky tacky tacky!!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i2012doi2012do member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_just?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:73181451-de44-4218-a3fc-463497703234Post:ae0a47ac-2045-488e-9f1f-32bdf17666b6">Re: Is it just me...?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it just me...? : LOL are you kidding me?!?!?? tacky tacky tacky!!
    Posted by Burke922[/QUOTE]

I wish I was kidding!!
  • HA that is totally when you buy them something really silly. Like kitchen magnets or something.
    image 223 Invited
    image 127 Wouldn't miss it
    image 64 Passed on the fun
    image 32 Still undecided
    RSVP Date: August 1, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards