August 2012 Weddings
Options

Successful Shower!!

My shower was on saturday and as many of you know, I was SO worried and nervous.
It turned out incredible. It ws ADORABLE the place was decorated so so so cute. I had the cutest tiny little cake.
There were white and pink poms all over and a photo of my as a baby all dressed in white and pink. The food was amaxing and deliscious.. and to top it off we had incredible weather.

The only complaint I ahve is that it went by so fast. After the shower I was sitting in my moms car and was like "ok so are we ready to go to the shower!!"
it felt like it was over in 5minutes, and i felt like i wish i got to chat with some people more!

Here are a few pics that my girlfriends sent to me of my cake.etc

After-- my girlfriend got me two gigantic balloons she tied on my chair and when my fiance picked me up we set up a little "quasi" engagement shoot with the balloons outside out apartment... so here are a couple pics from that:

EDIT: I mentioned this in my fav gift. But I just wanted to say what a nice story this is:My mom waited 4 hours to have giada autograph a cookbook for me. She said it went by fast because her and the woman in front of her were chatting. About 3 hrs into the wait the woman asked if her friend, who had just come from radiation and was really sick, could come wait in line.My mom said no problem. And when my mom got up to the counter to buy the book- the woman had bought it for my mom and left a stickie on it that said thank you! it meant the world to my friend that you were so generous to let her go in front of you, shes been so sick and it meant a lot. I wish your daughter a lifetime of happiness"
I thought that was a really nice story to go along with the gift :)
www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image

Re: Successful Shower!!

• Options
    I'm glad that everything went so well! I remember how nervous you were. I had my shower this weekend, too, and it was so much fun!
  • Options
    i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012

Oh! I'm glad you had a ton of fun!

• Options
    I'm glad you had fun! Your pictures are absolutely gorgeous, I love the balloons.

Also, your dress is fabulous, where did you get it?
  • Options
    i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    thanks! The dress is from Nordstrom its Adrianna Papell. I Don't think they hae it anymore because I couldn't find it online. But they have similar ones on asos.com and at dillards.

EDIT: found it!  here is the link to the nordstrom dress, it might come back in stockhttp://shop.nordstrom.com/s/adrianna-papell-ruffle-sleeve-lace-dress/3248174?origin=keywordsearch&cm_ven=Linkshare&cm_cat=partner&cm_pla=10&cm_ite=1&siteId=TnL5HPStwNw-9zI0bshIRROCalVq0E8qDA
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_successful-shower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:7611be4e-996b-432e-97fa-cda2b0fa075dPost:7686117a-1313-4479-8dfc-799987998081">Successful Shower!!</a>:
    [QUOTE] The only complaint I ahve is that it went by so fast. After the shower I was sitting in my moms car and was like "ok so are we ready to go to the shower!!" it felt like it was over in 5minutes, and i felt like i wish i got to chat with some people more![/QUOTE]

This is exactly how I felt about mine! It was honestly a whirlwind, and I kept saying that somehow I wish it could happen again just so I could try to take everything in! I'm glad that yours was successful and that you enjoyed it!
  • Options
    I'm so glad you had a great day!! It goes by WAYYY to fast! Which is exactly what everyone tells me about the wedding!!

Coming up :) 
    221 Invited image
    185 Ready to Rock! image
    36 Party Poopers image
    0 Can't find the mailbox image
  • Options
    Glad you had a good shower. Pretty pics. Mine also went by way too fast. My mom also got me a signed Giada cookbook but she forgot to give it to me at the shower. Funny thing when she got hers signed she said she could only get 1 and i was kinda bummed she didnt get me one. She lied so she could suprise me and she got one for her sister for their anniversary. (Sister hasnt got it yet and was equally mad my mom didnt get her a copy)!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    eyejewel!!Did your mom wait forever too?!
    My mom waited 4 hours at the daves in smithfield!
  • Options
    So glad you had a great time!!  Also, I love your dress!! It is so flattering on you!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    thanks so much!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards