Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Did not close - now I'm nervous..

We weren't able to close on the sale of J's house on Friday due to the lender not being ready, so they moved it to Tuesday. Our realtor told us to go ahead and move this weekend that it would be fine and we'd close on Tuesday. Now today, the buyers agent called and wants to visit the house with the buyer today. Is that normal? All of our stuff is already out and we have signed a lease at the apartments.....can she just decide she doesn't like it now and back out? Why would she want to visit it again? We're supposed to close tomorrow???? I'm so nervous. We can't afford a house payment and an apartment payment! UGGGGGGG!!!!!

Re: Did not close - now I'm nervous..

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing a final walk thru on Thursday before our close.  I think it's normal.
  • Options
    stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did a walk-through before we closed as well, I think if she backs out at this point, doesn't she lose her earnest money?  We had to push our closing back a day due to the lender not being ready as well, and everything turned out fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    PS. I think the reason our realtor is taking us on a final walk thru of the house is to make sure all the conditions we specified that we wanted taken care of afer the inspection were done.  So like I said, I think it's normal and I wouldn't worry about it.  I think if she were going to walk away from the house, she would have done so during her option period so that she wouldn't be out her earnest money.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies - I feel a little better. I've never done this before and I think our realtor see's our questions as bothersome so she basically just blows us off. I hope it all goes fine!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lindsay, don't ever feel like you're bothering your realtor!  These are valid concerns and things first time homebuyers/sellers probably don't know a lot about!  It's part of her job to answer your questions and to put your mind at ease!
  • Options
    prlmrg08prlmrg08 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most of my buyers request a walk through right before closing. totally normal :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just and update - she wants us to patch some holes in the wall where we took down the flat screen TV and paint over them - Justin is going to do that today after work. She also claims she didn't see that the fence was down on one side (how do you miss that?)and she asked if we thought the neighbors would go in half to replace it. Lastly, she asked about a few stains on the carpet upstairs. We've tried to get them out but it's paint and ink and they won't come out...the house is 6 years old and the carpet is due for replacing anyway. I really hope these little things don't make her back out! We should know today!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here's what I don't understand sometimes...Little things like patching some holes, the carpet being stained...that's wear and tear on a house.  She should realize that.  I honestly don't understand why she can't patch the holes herself and just live with a few stains that are on the carpet.  If those are the only problems, I don't see her backing out.  Also, she should contact the neighbors about going half in on a fence, not you guys!  That's not your job to worry about!  At least that's my opinion! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can see about the holes, but not the carpet. And if the fence had bothered her that much, she should have stipulated that from the beginning. And I'd have you fix the holes if I was buying the house. The carpet can be replaced, but those holes can be fixed by the seller, quite easily. Sorry you're dealing with all of this, but it will be over soon. And you're getting married in a few days! Woo!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree Mariah - no to mention we sold the house for 6K less than asking price AND included two refridgerators (one in house, one in garage), a Kenmore Washer and Dryer, and a wall mounted TV in the Kitchen. I honestly don't think we owe her anything else! I wrote my realtor back and basically told he that. The house is USED, it's not like she is building brand new. Just like when you buy a used car, there are sometimes imprefections that you fix or deal with.....GOSH I hope this thing closes today. I'm going to lose my mind over this dumb house!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I apologize for all of my typo's.....hey, at least I got "lose" right....:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Another update - she wants the carpet professionally cleaned.....
  • Options
    almoyoalmoyo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's a load of crap. Sounds like she's a long-time apartment dweller who doesn't realize that there won't be a landlord around to do all of the maintenance for her. However, I'm surprised that you guys didn't have the carpets cleaned before you tried to sell it. I thought that was pretty standard to staging the house for sell.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had the carpt cleaned about 6 months ago (2 months before we put the house on the market). The two spots she is talking about wouldn't come out, it's paint and and ink pen. The carpet was original with the house (about 6 years old) and it was the basic carpet, not the upgrade. I'd think that she would want the carpet replaced which is why we we knew we'd have to ask for less than the house was really worth....otherwise we would have had to give a carpet allowance.
  • Options
    stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This lady sounds like a pain.  Did she know the ink/paint stain was there when she looked at the houe the first time?  Or was furniture or a rug covering it up?  I can understand her wanting the hole in the wall repaired.  The house we bought had one of those.  We didn't ask them to fix it because we knew we would be putting another TV in the same place, plus they left us the mount and we plan on using that one to save some money.  :)But overall it sounds like she's getting a great deal and she just needs to stop complaining already. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Steph - one of them was covered by an area rug. The other was in plain sight.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards