August 2012 Weddings
Options

BM dresses wrong!

My first bridesmaid went today to get her dress fitted, and it was a huge disaster.  The dress was 2 sizes (or more) too big, and the woman was arguing that it was my friend's fault because "she signed off on the size".  

But the main problem is, the dress is a different designer than we ordered!  I am staying calm until tomorrow because my sister and I are going to have her dress fitted.  We ordered a Bill Levkoff style 165, and the dress they gave my friend was a D'zage style 8009.  The dress looks the same, but it isn't what we ordered!  Am I going crazy?  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: BM dresses wrong!

• Options
    mrsR12mrsR12 member
    First Comment
    I hope things work out for you bc it's really frustrating.  Our BM dresses came out with a different color bc the person at the shop told us the wrong name for the color we wanted.  We are still waiting for the re-order to be back.  
    good luck
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks!  I'm just a little confused.  The dresses are black- and the one they gave my friend looks just like the one we picked out; I'm just worried that it's a cheap knockoff, because the people at the bridal salon had told me that the dresses hadn't even shipped yet, and then the next day they were miraculously delivered.  The wedding is in 3 weeks, and I don't know what our options are if the dresses are wrong.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Wow, with all this BM dress drama that is happening here I'm actually glad my MOH is making her dress and one for my other BM! 
  • Options
    I google'd DZange and it seems to be a Bill Lekoff owned company...so weird
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • Options
    Wow, that is really strange. Hopefully PP's point that the other company is owned by Bill Lekhov is what is going on. Best wishes that it all works out.
  • Options
    AjoydAjoyd member
    First Comment
    So can the seamstress take the dress in enough for it to fit well? If so I wouldn't worry about it as long as you are happy with the way it looks and the qualty; however, if the fact that the sizing is off compromises the fit of the dress or makes it super expensive to alter then you should definitely talk to the store where you ordered the dresses about giving you some money back. I assume they got measured at the store you ordered the dresses from?
    Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. photo 455d4bc3-3623-4c16-8dd1-1fbc7e99e147.jpg BabyFruit Ticker My BFP Chart
  • Options
    Good luck!  I feel your pain....  my MOH was measured and advised what size to order and it came in HUGE!  We took it elsewhere to have it altered.   I'm waiting for my other BM to come home in a week so try hers on....
  • Options
    i hear that.. we did floor length bm dresses...and when we ordered..the lady said it would be long enough since my sister is tall.  it came in and my sisters looks like 6" short...and the other bm dress looks to be 6 or more inches too long... not sure what happened..but..i m so afraid that my sisters dress looks too short :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 223 invited
    image 139 are ready to party!
    image 87 have better things to do
    image 4 cannot find the mailbox

RSVP Date: July 20
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards