August 2012 Weddings

Jewelry

I'm just curious whatever is wearing for jewelry?

Also when is everyone's first dress fitting. I have mine in a few weeks which is kinda early I know but since I might be moving out of the state at the end of june or end of july I thought being safe is better than sorry! 

Re: Jewelry

• edited April 2012
    Good idea to start early in case all the moving stuff gets hectic. I am having my fitting in late June because I live in San Diego and purchased my dress in phoenix where my family lives.
  • I'm wearing a pearl necklace that has a fabric flower pinned off to the side. I got if off of etsy, but I don't have a picture of it yet.

I had 2 fittings already. I know that its early, but I don't plan on gaining/losing any weight. My dress fits perfect and I just need to bring it in about a week before the wedding to get it steamed.
  • I haven't scheduled my fitting yet will probably do the first one at the end of June.  I haven't found the shoes yet so can't do the fitting untl then.

For jewelry one of my closest friends is making my necklace.  I bought a bunch of beads and it is her responsibility to make them into a necklace for me.   She makes a necklace for me every year and I love her stuff so I completely trust that it will be something I like.  I probably won't even see the necklace until the week of the wedding.

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My fitting will be towards the end of this month. My grandmother is doing the alterations, and she will be out of town the whole month of July. So we are trying to get it pretty much done before she leaves.

The only contender I have for jewelry is a pearl necklace my mom has, and maybe some dangly earrings. 

I've bought a couple of different things to try on with my dress once I get my trial updo. Then hopefully I can go from there.
  • My first fitting it beginning of June.

My mom bought me my jewelry for my birthday. Matching bracelet and necklace which are pearls and diamonds.
  • unicorntreesunicorntrees member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I haven't even begun to think about jewelry, haha. I probably won't make that decision until I know what I'm doing for my hair. I'm growing it out a bit at the moment so that I have some more flexibility for what I can do with it. Once I know, then I can think about the earrings and the necklace.

I won't be trying my dress until some time in June. It's really whenever the tailor calls me. They do prom dresses too, so they told me they would be swamped with that. Works for me because I'm looking at the last few weeks of school, so I won't really be able to concentrate on much wedding details for a while. 
  • My first fitting is in 2 weeks!!! AHHH...I am doing it so early because I am shipping my dress to my wedding location several weeks in advance (just in case something happens I have time to find something else)...I haven't even started down the jewlery path....but it sounds like I should add it to the list.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I ordered my dress from the internet, and then proceeded to lose 50 lbs.  It was HUGE on me when it finally arrived, and I couldn't stand the dress, down right hated it.  I set it aside for a while, then decided to take to get altered last month, figuring that it needed a lot of work to fit right....i picked it up yesterday and LOVE it now that it fits.  It still needs some tweaking, but it is my dream dress, so I don't think
  • yikes....don't know where the rest of my post went....

I don't think getting the fittings out of the way is a bad idea.  Why add that much more stress closer to the wedding?
    As for jewlery...I am having an 11am wedding, so I am wearing a simple blue stone necklace, and my girls are wearing a silver necklace with a single pearl.
  • I'm so excited I just ordered my bracelet that I'm wearing and my FI sister-in-law has some pearl earrings that I'm going to wear, that means I can check off my something borrowed! I am so excited to have this really small yet kind of important task out of the way! 
  • I had one fitting in March (to see if what I needed done was even possible), and need to get one scheduled!! 

As far as jewelry, I am either wearing a pearl necklace (that I've had for years), or getting the jewelry my BMs are wearing (a rhinestone and pearl necklace).  The reason I'm debating is their necklace might look good with my dress.. I'm going to try the necklace on with my dress, and order another one if need be :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards