August 2012 Weddings

Obsessing about dress more than one year before wedding..!

Whatever dress I look at I think its not quite what i want. Although all of the Maggie Sottero dresses are soooo gorgeous. The top of Allyssa or Cassandra with the sweetheart neckline and the bottom of Ingrid is what I am looking for.Undecided

Any of you have the same problem?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Obsessing about dress more than one year before wedding..!

• Have you tried any of them on? I think it might help to do that because looking at the pictures may not do it justice. Plus it could look completely different on you.

The one time I went shopping, the only dress I fell in love with was one I wouldn't have even consided trying on based off the pictures on the website. :)
    image 223 Invited
    image 127 Wouldn't miss it
    image 64 Passed on the fun
    image 32 Still undecided
    RSVP Date: August 1, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you! I guess you are right! I just need to try them on and going after my final exam in July - and I cant wait! Which one did you fall in love with and did you buy it?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    Yay for dress shopping! But I agree that trying different dresses on may change your mind on what you might want.  I will be going dress shopping this month sometime! cant wait
  • Definitely try the dresses on! The one I wound up purchasing I didn't love on the rack and now that I've seen it on me (and bought it!), the website picture does it NO justice... it looks shapeless and underwhelming on the model, but elegant and sophisticated with a serious "WOW" factor on me (if I do say so myself).

You may be surprised to find just how much you dislike the dresses you pick out through pictures and how a dress you may never otherwise consider may make you fall in love.

Good luck!

• KellyBrian2013

Which one is your elegant sophisticated WOW dress ? (o:
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am not getting married until August 4, 2012. My dress is already half paid for and waiting for me at the bridal shop. They are kind enough to hold it for me until next year when I finally need alterations. Having been married before, I never thought of buying a dress so early. My mother came to visit from 12 hrs away in August, and since she did not get to pick out a dress with me for my first wedding...we decided to go look while we could. I fell in love with a Bonny Unforgettable Dress 1916. I normally would never have chosen such a dress...too much $$$ for one, but I loved it when I put it on. My first dress cost half of what this one is costing me. I ordered it in September, and it was discontinued in December, So glad I ordered it.

Definitely try on different styles of dresses from what you think you want to what you never would thought you would want. You never know what might end up being the prefect dress for you. Whichever one you find yourself smiling the biggest in, that is the one for you.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_obsessing-dress-one-year-before-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:882e2ada-0fa2-4c42-bfba-188d63577985Post:82efa626-dea3-4008-a14c-e528c6c7f33f">Re: Obsessing about dress more than one year before wedding..!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you! I guess you are right! I just need to try them on and going after my final exam in July - and I cant wait! Which one did you fall in love with and did you buy it?
    Posted by Wendt65451[/QUOTE]

I fell in love with the Maggie Sottero Naiomi. The salon close to me was having a trunk show so I thought it would be a good way to break in the dress shopping. the sales lady was awesome and even though she knew I wasn't buying, she didn't rush me or pressure me. She did tell me I have until this summer to order it if I don't find anything that beats it so I feel like I'm kinda needing to go shopping SOON.
    Can't wait though!!!
    image 223 Invited
    image 127 Wouldn't miss it
    image 64 Passed on the fun
    image 32 Still undecided
    RSVP Date: August 1, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My dress is already bought and paid for. But I agree with the others, try the dresses on before deciding anything.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_obsessing-dress-one-year-before-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:882e2ada-0fa2-4c42-bfba-188d63577985Post:30926d2d-ab4a-4c45-b463-2938539560eb">Re: Obsessing about dress more than one year before wedding..!</a>:
    [QUOTE]@ KellyBrian2013 Which one is your elegant sophisticated WOW dress ? (o:
    Posted by Wendt65451[/QUOTE]

David's Bridal Style#WG9821

The pictures on their website do the dress ZERO justice.
  • edited May 2011

I haven't purchased my dress yet, and honestly hadn't planned on it until Like Jan! I guess I need to get on that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards