August 2012 Weddings
Options

Groom Gift?

What are you guys doing as far as gifting for the groom? I have strongly been pushing the Infinity Ring with Jeremy but i don't know what to get him in exchange. I still have a few months to figure it out but I thought I would ask you fine ladies! <3 Thanks for all your help!
Anniversary

Re: Groom Gift?

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Im not sure if you would be comfortable with it, but I am doing a boudoir shoot and having it bound into an album. Something more traditional would be a watch maybe?
  • Options
    I wanted to do a boudoir shoot (possibly as a bach party idea), and T said absolutely not. I think we might not get each other gifts, at all, which is sort of fine by me since I can't think of anything really great for him, and I usually have to give him a list to pick off of if I want a gift from him. I feel like it's just adding needless stress onto an already stressful time.
  • Options
    we havent talked about gifts. TBH i dont think we'll do much of anything besides maybe a card/note that day.  buying a house and filling it with furniture seems like a good enough expense/'family gift' anyway. =P

my FI is a techie, so maybe a new ipad might be in order as an extra 'new family gift' lol
  • Options
    We are with the PP and not doing gifts for each other. For us gifts would just be an extra expense to tack onto everything else. I guess we see the wedding, our marriage, our apartment and his newly bought car as gifts enough. However, I would like to write love notes that we each read on the wedding day.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I did a boudoir shoot so I have an album to give him.  And I also got him cufflinks to wear that day.
    8/12 March Siggy- reception venue!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm probably going to get him the new XBox that's coming out in a few months. 

Is it sentimental? Definitely not.  But he isn't a watch/jewelry wearer.  We've been saving as much as possible since we got engaged, not spending much on Christmas/b-day gifts, etc., and this would be something he would really like, even if it isn't something that will last forever.
  • Options
    Not sure on what we will do, he isn't much of a gift wanter (although he joked I could get him new boxers lol) :)

I like the idea of just doing a small love note/letter that day for the other one to read, that is sentimental and cute! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I got cufflinks as well- 007 James Bond style lol We're already going broke over the wedding, so I think a gift under $30 is sufficient :)
    126 Invited image
    37 Ready to Rock! image
    9 Party Poopers image
    80 Can't find the mailbox imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards