Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Re: Say Anything Wednesday!

• appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hate that I am so d@mn emotional. I have had 3 major meltdowns/breakdowns in the past week. Granted they haven't been  completely wedding related but that added stressor compounds the other events that triggered them. I couldn't stop crying for a good hour last night. I was getting very annoyed with myself. Apparently I don't handle stress as well as I thought I did. Or hurt feelings.Someone want to sedate me for the next 4 weeks? haha!
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was an extremely nice daughter and bought my mom an iPod Touch.  The other night Bill and I were trying to help her through some problems (on the phone) and she started yelling at me.  WTH? 
  • edited December 2011
    When I went to go get the cashier's check yesterday, I started thinking about everything I could do with all the money I'm about to put down on this house...but then I went home and my neighbor's started being loud...and I had our balcony door open to let cool air in and all of a sudden I started smelling weed and then cigarette smoke and I thought, "I can't get out of here fast enough".
    edited December 2011
    Mariah, I'm so thankful I never had bad neighbors like that.  I'm glad you're getting out too because I'm sure the place is going to pot.  Literally and figuratively.  :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Oh and also, My ex-best friend/roommate re-friended me on facebook a few months ago.  Steve is totally against me talking to her because he doesn't like her (especially after some crap that she pulled, which lead us to become non-friends and ex-roommates).  But Friday I was looking at old pictures of us together and I remembered all the good times we had, so I messaged her on FB and said, "Hey, I was just looking at old pictures, remembering the good times.  We should hang out soon".  She called me yesterday and we talked for about 30 minutes.  It was like no time had passed.  I don't know if she means what she says or if she's just trying to be nosy about what's going on in my life, but it was good to talk to her again and I really hope we can be friends again. She apologized to me for how she acted and that meant a lot to hear.  So we'll see what happens.
  • BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really try to not complain about being away from FI, because I know that there are so many people with significant others in the military who have it much worse, and are separated for a much more noble reason than my temporary librarian job. But I really miss him. It really sucks being apart.
  • edited December 2011
    I was reading an article about what went wrong with Krispy Kreme doughnuts and read this part: The company even got some good press recently, if you want to call it that. A new junk-food craze involves a bacon cheeseburger sandwiched between two Krispy Kremes (Original Glazed). It weighs in at 1,500 calories, give or take a few.I think I threw up a little bit in my mouth.  That sounds absolutely revolting.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mariah, I feel the same way about my ex-best friend from high school. But it became a toxic friendship and it's still hard to abstain from trying to get in touch with her when thinking back at how close we were and how much fun we had. I hope yours works out for the best.  :)I did have lunch with my friend that I haven't seen since her baby shower...and her baby is almost 2! We have talked a couple times but my favorite friendships are the ones where even if we haven't talked in forever, when we do get together and talk, it's like we just saw each other yesterday. I have a couple friends like that and I just LOVE that we can do that.
  • maykiousmaykious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Going off Apple's comment, I've been hyper emotional for the last several months and I don't know what the deal is. It all seems to be triggered by other people's emotion, particularly on TV, but only sincere emotion, I'm entirely unaffected by fictional shows, but I nearly lost it during an episode of Ace of Cakes yesterday and I cry every time I look at all the wedding pictures here. My MOH is concerned that the red flowers I want won't match the turquoise jewelry another BM picked out. I might scream.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • untsinguntsing member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have, in the past 12 hours: fallen down on the sidewalk, dropped an entire chocolate milkshake on my living room floor, nearly fallen down in the shower, and slipped walking into the building this morning. I'm afraid to get out of my chair for the rest of the day.
    edited December 2011
    This is more of a B&M but I'm kind of mad right now.... After being a sponsor for class council for a couple of years, we all finally decided to have fundraiser that belong to a certain class:  juniors have the pait a parking lot fundraiser, seniors have a t-shirt they sell to wear against the biggest rival, etc.  I just found out that, even though it is well documented and advertised that it's the senior class' only fundraiser, someone is trying to sell their own t-shirt for the big rivalry.  Pretty ticked....
  • almoyoalmoyo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I took the dogs out a bit ago, there was a dead snake on the windshield of my car! I had to flick it off with a stick. Not the way I like to start my day.
  • edited December 2011
    When I took the dogs out a bit ago, there was a dead snake on the windshield of my car!OMG....that would totally freak me out.
    edited December 2011
    Allison, I would have been frozen with fear. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    omg!!! I would have freaked...and then made david get out of bed to get it off LOL
  • edited December 2011
    I'm boring today...I've looked at my invitation kit for a week now, and I'm starting to not like it.   The back is stark white and if I buy black cardstock to put behind it, then I have to buy new (bigger) envelopes too.  I think that defeats the purpose of getting a deal.
  • Buttercup509Buttercup509 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a head and neck anatomy test today. When my alarm went off I was dreaming about the parts of the skull. Hopefully, that means I'm ready.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hee, Tiff, I swear you are a girl after my own heart.  I looked at invitations and samples until my eyes bled.I just booked myself and my girls a spa day for the day before the wedding.  Complete with lunch.  And right at this moment, it's the thing I'm most looking forward to.And I have done like no work this week.  I'm useless already with 3 weeks still to go.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm watching say yes to the dress.. SO glad I have my dress.. these girls are crazy hah!
  • maykiousmaykious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Me too, tiff!!! I'm glad I'm not in the middle of all that, too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Mariah - Jordan keeps wanting to make the Krispy Kreme burger.  He says he heard about it originally from Paula Deen, who dubbed it the "Ladies Who Lunch Burger" - one serving allowed per lifetime.  If she says it's delicious, I'm willing to try it.
  • edited December 2011
    Ugh...just the thought of all that sugar with a hamburger patty and bacon and cheese in the middle...it does not sound appetizing. *I want to go shopping.  But after tomorrow, there will be no shopping until...oh, I don't know...never.
    edited December 2011
    I've gone through most of my life not getting in trouble and doing exactly what I'm supposed to do and when I'm supposed to do it.  Why is that not good enough all of a sudden?  By all of a sudden, I mean the past five years.
  • DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think they should go ahead and put batter around that whole Krispy Kreme burger, deep fry it, and sell it at the Fair next year. That's the only way you can convince me to even give it a taste.  :P
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw the Krispy Kreme burger on Man Vs. Food the other day.  He thought it was delicious.  I think they turned the donut upside down, so the sugary side was facing the patty.  And I also think they grilled the middle when they cut it in half. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've loved every single florist I've met with so far (basically the complete opposite experience as my DJ search).  This decision is going to be very hard...
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know about the Krispy Kreme burger, but I would try a Krispy Kreme breakfast sandwich with a sausage patty, egg, and cheese. That actually sounds delicious to me
  • untsinguntsing member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Something THAT SWEET with something savory literally makes me want to gag.  My throat is closing up just thinking about it.
  • kris928kris928 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *I want to go shopping. But after tomorrow, there will be no shopping until...oh, I don't know...never.I'm with you on this one Mariah!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    October seems like it is going by way fast. I mean it feels like we should still be in the first week not middle of the second!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards