August 2012 Weddings
Options

Shower Question- registry

OMG! this board is so active I can barely keep up-- its so awesome cause that means we are getting really close.
Anyway- my shower is a week from Satuday.

My entire Macy's registry is gone, front his weekened minus 2 towels and one platter

But my williams sonoma registry is still intact minus 3 gifts.

Should I shift things from W+S to Macys? Like our bakeware etc.
I am not sure why Macys was more popular. I think because there is only one W+S store around us..besides the outlet. And I am still hoping to get some gift cards to there.

We love to cook and I like the quality of their items- and their selection.
But I guess Macys has been more popular- probably also because of the coupons and sales and its more well known with my older guests.

Should I just keep the registries as they are?? I mean if someone waits until next week to get a gift and Macy's is sold out-- then its not really my fault they waited and now have to travel to W+S right?!
www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image

Re: Shower Question- registry

• Options
    gymbugmj2kgymbugmj2k member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    i'd keep them as they are. Macy's mightve had some great sales this past weekend, which made everyone flock to them. =)

Edit:
    once people see that Macy's things are gone, they'll travel to the other registry, or else settle for cash/gift cards if they're not up to shopping online, etc.  at least that's my take on it.
  • Options
    I'd switch about half of it over. People might not go to the second choice and just buy you things not on the registry and that might end badly!
  • Options
    Glad I'm not the only one with this going on! Everyone is purchasing off Macy's and nothing from pottery barn minus 2 gifts... I would leave them in tack, and hopefully like PP mentioned if people don't go for your WS registry they get you gift cards or cash! But congrats on Macy's registry being totally purchased! I think you get a bonus when that happens, like an extra off or something!
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Oh really? then I hope that those towels and platter go!I think that it takes a while for Macys to update hte registry. I thought it was immediate. but I kept checking over the weekend to think that people bought stuff because of the holiday weekend and one or two things were gone.
     when I checked today it was all gone!!
    I couldn't believe it.
    Even things I thought no-one would buy like these really funky salt and pepper shakers that were Jonathan Adler and liek $50 bucks are gone!
    I am really looking forward to my shwoer now

and I think i am going ot leave it intact for now....
    and then if its late next week and there is still nothing else bought from williams sonoma add a few gifts for those last minute shoppers.
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • Options
    We tried to register equally between stores, but surprisingly our top store has been Target!  Hope you have a fantastic shower!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards