August 2012 Weddings

Hurt...

So I just found out that the girls night in we had planned for Friday night the night before the wedding is not happening, which stinks. But neither is the guys game night where they were going to go play sports of some sort and just be guys. I am hurt because the woman who was going to host it is one of my bridesmaids and the guy who was going to do it was a groomsman who have hosted the parties for everyone in our business who has gotten married. We can come hang out with just them at the house but I am just hurt because they didnt tell us until now. I guess I am just venting cause I dont really know what to do. It stinks for me to have this canceled but I am really just hurt for my fiances sake, he has been looking forward and talking to everyone about a guys night for months and he just feels betrayed.

Re: Hurt...

• Could you plan your own thing and still do what you were planning?  Could you and FI just round up the gals & guys separately and meet somewhere and still do what you were going to do?
  • We have a few old friends but the majority of our friends are through our business team and unfortunately there are just rules on meeting together outside of business. The guy and gal who were going to host the party had to be there for us to be allowed to do it so without them we only have a friend or two to go to.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_hurt?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:9501b6ac-0175-408e-913f-feeb29ba084fPost:04d9ad77-dfde-4005-a9cf-e26723e01794">Re:Hurt...</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have a few old friends but the majority of our friends are through our business team and unfortunately there are just rules on meeting together outside of business. The guy and gal who were going to host the party had to be there for us to be allowed to do it so without them we only have a friend or two to go to.
    Posted by soontobespitzer[/QUOTE]
    Im sorry that its not working out for you guys! But that is crazy! Iv never heard of a buisness that you can't meet out side of work, im so curious what you do. and a random questions, if these 2 people didn;t go to your wedding does that mean no one else can go? 
  • They could still come to the wedding, but there are just rules within the company dictating when its appropriate to see coworkers from different lines in the company than you, they like to have us test out different ways of doing things so in order to keep us from accidentally sharing things that would screw up each others experiments we just have to follow certain rules and be sure not to talk business while there. It just complicates alot of things.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_hurt?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:9501b6ac-0175-408e-913f-feeb29ba084fPost:9446c37d-3334-4174-b38e-c2ae5fbc6d85">Re:Hurt...</a>:
    [QUOTE]They could still come to the wedding, but there are just rules within the company dictating when its appropriate to see coworkers from different lines in the company than you, they like to have us test out different ways of doing things so in order to keep us from accidentally sharing things that would screw up each others experiments we just have to follow certain rules and be sure not to talk business while there. It just complicates alot of things.
    Posted by soontobespitzer[/QUOTE]
    Ok that makes sence! I was thinking your guys were teachers and your bosses were just really crazy!<div>Sorry if i came off snarky.. i didnt mean it to be like that at all!</div><div>I hope you can figure something out!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards