August 2012 Weddings
Options

Married, Changing My Name!!!

I am back from Hawaii and my wedding was perfect!!. We have not gotten the photos back yet but the video is outstanding and a little funny. I could have asked for a more perfect day. It drizzled two days before, but there was not a cloud in the sky the day of our wedding. My vendor handled everything, from the hotel room to the limo carrying us back to the hotel after our photos. As soon as I get pictures, I will post. 

I am now in the process of changing my name and it is easier than I thought. I pick my new SS card on tomorrow and had to the DMV after that. Only stayed in SS Office all of 5 minutes. I could not ask for anything more.

Anniversary

Re: Married, Changing My Name!!!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_married-changing-my-name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:961216e0-78ae-4dc1-9861-5b9d5ea812c6Post:f5f3ef28-ef87-42c5-841f-dab30c3f733a">Married, Changing My Name!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am back from Hawaii and my wedding was perfect!!. We have not gotten the photos back yet but the video is outstanding and a little funny. I could have asked for a more perfect day. It drizzled two days before, but there was not a cloud in the sky the day of our wedding. My vendor handled everything, from the hotel room to the limo carrying us back to the hotel after our photos. As soon as I get pictures, I will post.  I am now in the process of changing my name and it is easier than I thought. I pick my new SS card on tomorrow and had to the DMV after that. Only stayed in SS Office all of 5 minutes. I could not ask for anything more.
    Posted by cshuler[/QUOTE]

I am not worried about social security card being difficult to change, but all the little individual things I need to change (ie. driver's license, professional licensure, mailing name, bank records, health insurance, cell phone, etc).  I figure once I do SS I will start knocking out the rest one at a time
    PersonalMilestone Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    I was told that once you change your SS card, everything thing else will be easy b/c many are based upon your SS number.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Congrats!

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Congrats Soror! I am glad was everything you dreamed of. Make sure you come back and post pics!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Congrats!!  I am so focused on getting the wedding & honeymoon to go off without a hitch, I haven't even thought of what I need to do to change my name!  I probably won't even get around to it for a few months... I need relaxation time...haha!
  • Options
    Oh rungirl12, please check with your state. I was hoping to take my time as well through getting all the necessary paperwork online. By doing so, I realized that my state required that I start the name change process within 10 days of me getting married for the DMV. 
    Anniversary
  • Options

Congrats!  I'm dreading this process.  I'm not sure which order to do things in, but I know that it will be a pain in the neck since I have to fly to Florida to get a new drivers license (keeping Florida residency is important to us, as it means no state income tax, and we can do that since FI is in the Marines).

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards