August 2012 Weddings
Options

XP Invitation Wording

Please help with our invitation wording...

Bride Middle Lastname
and
Groom Middle Lastname
together with their parents
BMom and Stepdad Lastname
and
GMom and Dad Lastname
request the pleasure of your company
as they exchange marriage vows
on Saturday, the eighteenth of August
Two thousand and twelve
at three o'clock in the afternoon

Ceremony Site
Address Line 1
Address Line 2

FYI, my father is not involved in my life. FI and I are paying for the majority of the wedding, but both families offered to help. The ceremony site is an old building that was a Catholic church, but is now a recording studio/concert hall. The officiant is a family friend, so I didn't think "request the honor of your presence" was appropriate. I also don't know if any of the above should be capitalized. Feedback is appreciated.

Re: XP Invitation Wording

• Options
    I think its suppose to be two thousand twelve.  The Paper and invite board is good with kinda critique. My dads not involved in mine either.  I think we might just do "together with parents" but not list all the names out, but i have to make sure it wont offend FI parents.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That's how we did our wording! We have a few difference then you, but we said with our parents! My parents are no longer married and didn't want the wording to make it sound like they were married.
    Can't wait to marry my best friend!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm struggling with my wording because FI's Dad is single, and Mom is remarried and not a huge part of FI's life (also struggling with whether they should dance or not for same reason)...

That being said I like your wording and I've seen it "two thousand and twelve" and "two thousand twelve".. Maybe look online and see if there is a guideline?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the help. I tried to go off of a few wedding invites we've received, but they were all quite different. I didn't realize that there were so many ways to word invites.
  • Options
    we haven't printed our invitations yet but we are going to say something along the lines of "Together with their parents".. we are not including our parents names because my parents are divorced, my mom went back to her maiden name and I think it would look too "busy" on the invite.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards